Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

April 27th, 2018 12:00

Inspiron 15 5567 - New - Slow, Lags, Images disappear

Purchased an Inspiron 5567 last summer, and was unable to do much with it for a couple of months due to a family emergency. Have contacted Dell Support several times, they haven't fixed the problem, and I refuse to pay the rude technician for support for a machine that hasn't worked correctly since day 1. I am incredibly disappointed in Dell Support, as my family and now business have been a Dell customers for more than 20 years, but no more! Regardless, I have this worthless machine that I need to try to fix, and I'm reaching out to the community for input.

Since I first set it up it has been running painfully slow, can take several minutes to startup/shut down. Image on the desktop background often disappears, and the computer often times will just stop responding altogether. Have very few programs installed, because I wasn't able to! I've been fighting with this for months and have been strung along. Sometimes even just trying to open the Control Panel and other system applications completely fails, or takes several minutes to launch. I'm running Windows 10 Home, 16G RAM. Windows, and all system drivers are up to date. Hardware diagnostic comes up clean. 

Thoughts? Thank you.

2 Posts

Yeah, thank you. I try to even create a restore disk for Windows because I'm ready to wipe it and start over, and the system setting application won't even launch. I cannot get anything to run on this darn computer except a browser. There are no files I need to save or anything, I just want to make sure I'll be able to reload the OS if I restore to factory settings. Ugh!

In February I went through and was able to work with support to get everything up to date, including Windows 10. Now here we are in April, and the computer is a worthless brick.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

The laptop is updating Windows 10.

Probably several GBs worth.

There has been at least 2 new versions of Windows 10 possibly more.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

April 27th, 2018 13:00

Since your laptop came originally with Windows 10, you can do a clean install using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. Windows 10 will activate.

Afterwards, install the drivers starting with the chipset.

You should know that Microsoft is releasing another version of Windows 10 very soon so you may want to wait until then.

2 Posts

November 8th, 2018 21:00

Having exact same issue with identical laptop.

Totaly disappointed

Were yoy able to solve your issue?

1 Message

November 21st, 2020 06:00

I have the same with my Dell Inspiron 15 5567 but lots more problems with it. It takes over 10 minutes to turn on, if it will at all. I have had almost every part on this laptop replaced multiple times as everything keeps failing and Dell has reinstalled Windows 10 over 12 times and nothing fixes.  I do not know what happened with Dell but they use to have great personal computers.  I purchased the extended warranty and they just keep replacing failed parts with refurbished (used) parts that fail with a very short time if it even works when I receive it back from their repair depo.  They do not care and I know more than their technicians and I am over 65 without any computer repair training.  I spent a lot of money a piece of junk based on their sales pitch and it did not even come with the hardware I was told it would.  Since Dell is privately owned, they can get away with anything and it seems the only good comments are concerning their business line.   My Dell is still under warranty but what is the use of contacting them when they do not care if I have a working laptop or not.  The repair people they send out to fix my Dell Inspiron 15 5567 do not even care what damage they do to my laptop since there are dents, scratches, and even the back case is split from their so called repairs and when I keep sending it to their repair depot it is not any better. All I want is a working laptop as that is what I paid a lot of money for and both of their service options - as they said I would never have to go without my Dell for 24 hours if there was a problem and I have been without it for months because of them.  I did not even contact them back this time since I stay on the phone for hours going over the same things and then I am promised that the supervisor will personally make sure it is fixed and then I never hear back from them and I receive a more damaged Dell Inspiron 15 5567 back each time.  How can I get my computer to turn on and not freeze up or keep giving me memory type of errors. There is some type of startup, memory and processing problem with this Dell Inspiron 15 5567 as I cannot run anything with 16gb of memory and i7 processor.  I loved my old Dell and never had any problems with it so I bought a the Inspiron directly from Dell and asked for a extremely fast, the most ram, the best processor and a dedicated graphic's card and I did get the 16gb of ram but nothing else matched with what I was sold.  How can I get Dell repair to fix my laptop so it will turn on and run my programs?  

No Events found!