Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 14th, 2020 11:00

Inspiron 15 5567 reboot issues

I have a Inspiron 15 5567 and upon rebooting the computer, it goes into a reboot cycle. it powers on, black screen (for about 15 seconds), then powers off (for about 20 seconds), then powers on again black screen, powers off. It keeps doing this until I hold down the power button to shut it completely down. After shutting it down by holding the power button, it powers on just fine and boots up normal.

I've updated the bios to version 1.2.8 the latest version (thinking this will resolve the issue) but the reboot problem persists. I've also removed the battery & Power then hold the power button for 30 seconds, it boots up, but if I reboot, the problem returns. 

Am I missing something? Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? or is there a problem with the mainboard?

4 Posts

January 16th, 2020 09:00

Apparently restoring the BIOS to factory settings resolved this issue. 

No thanks to Dell, they just wanted me to spend money and send the computer in for repair.

• 

25.1K Posts

January 15th, 2020 05:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

4 Posts

January 15th, 2020 08:00

I replied, and of course my computer is out of warranty. Which is why I'm posting here, to hopefully get answers to my issue at hand.

No Events found!