Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

7 Posts

June 26th, 2019 09:00

Inspiron 15 5570 Diagonstic tests auto skipping

My laptop has been being very slow and the WiFi keeps going in and out even though no other device is having said issue. I ran diagnostics when it first showed up and nothing showed up so i ran the drivers scan and updated drivers that needed it. A few days after that it began to run sluggish and the WiFi started doing it again. when i ran diagnostics it came back with the hard-drive failing the diagnostics test. when i looked through the report it showed that more 2/3 of the tests were just skipped with out me touching it and it failed both the linear read tests and both targeted read tests but passed the SMART status and threshold tests, every other test was skipped though. anyone know why that is? the laptop still boots up and kind of works its just sluggish and has a hard time staying connected to the WiFi

9.4K Posts

June 26th, 2019 10:00

Hi RyanG95,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  

Wifi issues can be caused by a variety of things.  I see you've done some diagnostics already and your hard drive may be failing.  Please back up your data while you still can.

Here is a short video from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:  WiFi Not Connecting

How to Fix Slow Internet

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

7 Posts

June 26th, 2019 12:00

i sent a pm your way

No Events found!