Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

March 28th, 2018 06:00

Inspiron 15-7???, buzzing/crackling sound on gaming

hi, 
i just bought my laptop for 2 weeks..

experiencing buzzing/crackling soudn whenever i played audio.
it happens on both speakers and on plug in headsets.

i believe its software problem, just now sure what it is.

have try disabling dell diag controller device.
disable and uninstalling realtek drivers. restart. updating audio drivers. 
didnt work for me. 

what else can i try?

2 Posts

July 12th, 2018 02:00

Thank you @sofistek! Removing smartbytes solved the problem

1 Message

July 12th, 2018 18:00

I had the exact same problem. A cracking interference-like sound whenever anything played. MAN; YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LONG LIVE TO YOU SIR!

1 Message

July 13th, 2018 22:00

Same here, I hadn't started my computer in some days, and after a few minutes of using it I noticed something was getting installed automatically. Checking in ProcessExplorer, I see a process that I did not recognize (I know approximately all processes that should be running on my computer). I research about "Rivet Networks Dynamic Bandwidth Manager" and find this thread. Reading the issues there, I start a song playing from the disk, and discover the exact same issue with the sound crackling. After uninstalling the software from the Add/Remove Program, the crackling had disappeared. What in the **bleep** does DELL think it is doing installing random drivers without user consent that make a computer go from working properly to defective..... Utterly annoying....

1 Message

July 17th, 2018 10:00

Thank You!

Uninstalling the "Smartbyte software application" absolutely helped.

It's amazing to me that almost 4 months from this original post, this issue is still going on, and Dell is still pushing this stuff. I just got this update on or around the 13th.  I was never affected before. 

Now I can listen Spotify again!

1 Message

July 17th, 2018 14:00

Thanks for this info, it really helped. Appreciate the effort you put in - "I updated or reinstalled every single driver, BIOS, even tried latest drivers from Intel, Realtek, switched to native microsoft hd audio drivers, messing with power saving settings - but nothing helped." - because us fellow users benefited from your contribution.

2 Posts

July 19th, 2018 19:00

I've been having the crackling sound issue for a couple weeks. I called Dell support and they sent a tech out to my home the next day and replaced my speakers and was still having the same problem. The tech said he was going to come back the next day and replace the mother board which is still under warranty. After Googling the issue I found this You Tube video  -

@zhan2204 wrote:

hi, 
i just bought my laptop for 2 weeks..

experiencing buzzing/crackling soudn whenever i played audio.
it happens on both speakers and on plug in headsets.

i believe its software problem, just now sure what it is.

have try disabling dell diag controller device.
disable and uninstalling realtek drivers. restart. updating audio drivers. 
didnt work for me. 

what else can i try?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3lbTm3PYc  

same problem here and watched this video and now the crackling is gone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB3lbTm3PYc and followed his advice about uninstalling the SmatWare  app and now the cracking is completely gone!

July 19th, 2018 23:00

Hi,

It happened to me also. I tried to uninstall SmarByte but it doesn't allow me to do it, my antivirus is detecting something and sending it to quarantine, it's weird.

I tried only turning off SmartByte and it seems it stopped. But I want to know if someone else had the same problem with the antivirus.

Thank you all!!

IF SOMEONE HAS THE SAME PROBLEM. YOU ONLY NEED TO DEACTIVATE THE ANTIVIRUS WHILE YOU ARE UNINSTALLING IT.

1 Message

July 24th, 2018 08:00

thanks to your awesome solution to this problem it truly solved the issue  that i was shaving with the speakers.

1 Message

July 27th, 2018 15:00

Had the same problem with the Dell G7. After uninstalling SmartBytes and rebooting the crackling went away.  Thank you!

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2018 15:00

Hi!

Very well done!

Something to obvious at all!

A terrific thank you!

From an IT old pro!

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2018 16:00

Re: buzzing/crackling sound on inspiron 15 7000 gaming

Hi!

Very well done!

Something to obvious at all!

A terrific thank you!

From an IT old pro!

1 Message

August 5th, 2018 02:00

Easiest way to fix it- You DON'T have to delete any drivers or Smartbyte all you have to do is open the app Services and then find SmartByte Network Services, right click on it and press properties, stop the service and then disable it and problem solved.

1 Message

August 7th, 2018 13:00

This solution works with the 7560 too - thank you.

1 Message

August 31st, 2018 08:00

Hi there,

thx for your help - Smartbyte software unistalled and sound on my Dell Inspiron 7566 is perfect again ;-). I spent 1 day with reinstalling of all around "sound"...

MARTIN

September 3rd, 2018 07:00

I went on with the same Smartbyte diagnostics applicatooato rectify the crackling issue on my Dell G7 and it worked for me. Thanks to you guys and this forum

No Events found!