Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

4 Posts

September 8th, 2020 15:00

Inspiron 15 7000 bootloop

Hello,

My Inspiron has entered a unique bootloop during the latest feature update for Windows (2004 I believe). The dell loading screen shows, blinks, shows a slightly larger dell loading screen, then for a split second shows the update screen at 30% saying not to reset computer. The laptop then completely resets and repeats. I have literally tried everything. Multiple command prompt ideas found on forums for bootloops, every scan support assist and boot manager has to offer, I can’t boot to another windows version, I can’t boot using safe mode, I can’t do a system repair, and I can’t find a restore point on my computer.

I did install an aftermarket SSD a few years ago where my OS is now located, so I’m nervous to do a factory image restore as the OS was originally on the hard drive.  I am out of ideas, and I need my laptop to work again as soon as possible. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Posts

September 9th, 2020 01:00

Ended up doing a factory image reset, which fixed my laptop but I lost all of my data... not a huge deal. I think I’ll leave the 2004 feature update alone until I’m forced to use it.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

September 9th, 2020 04:00

From your description, it appears the system may have a corrupted Operating System.  Have you checked for hardware issues yet?  Please press F12 while it is booting up and run the system diagnostics.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.

If there are none, then the issue may be either driver or software related.  You can reinstall the OS using the USB media created when the system was first booted up.  If you don't have that back up copy, either have your friend go into the Digital Locker and request a copy or you may consider purchasing a new copy.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:  Dell PC does not turn on or boot into Windows

No Events found!