Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

5 Posts

August 10th, 2019 16:00

Inspiron 15 7000 is just AWFUL - so slow

Received this as a gift as my trustworthy 10 year old Windows 7 HP was getting a bit hot during use. This Dell Inspiron just drives me round the bend! It's SO slow - using the internet is a pain, typing emails takes *forever* because it can't keep up with the typing, screens don't load properly they just take forever. Some days I just give up with it - it's just unusable. Wish I'd stuck with Win7 on HP.

It's been like this from the get go. Even when I first set it up, the thing struggled to perform Dell updates and failed.

I don't even use it for much - email, internet, few Office documents. It can't even handle loading facebook and takes forever just to open the notifications from the icon.

Glad it was bought from a store cos it's going back there this week.

Unless anyone has any bright ideas first please?

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

August 10th, 2019 16:00

I am suspecting it is doing Windows 10 updates.

But if you want to return it, return it.

1 Message

August 11th, 2019 16:00

Did you update the BIOS?

5 Posts

August 12th, 2019 13:00

@3Cadmium - doing Windows updates all the time?

It's been like this constantly for months now. 

5 Posts

August 12th, 2019 13:00

I had a call with HW support today, we went from BIOS to them taking control of the PC and ticking & unticking stuff - all to no avail. Still it lags when I run gmail and doesn't load tasks or keep up with typing emails, and when I run facebook it takes 3-4 minutes to load notifications pages etc and lags when trying to type posts.

They put me through to SW support and all that guy did was try to sell me £156 extended warranty! I'm still only halfway through the one it came with! I shouldn't need either! Never needed it in the last decade that I had a HP Win7!

Then he told me it was a Microsoft issue and gave me their telephone number! #pointless #slopingshoulders

I'm so done with Dell. Yes, I'm going to try going back to the store.

No Events found!