Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2019 04:00

Inspiron 15-7559, screen fades around the edges

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with my screen. When I start the computer, most of the times I receive this error after the dell logo appears.

20190720_103902.jpg

I select "Continue" and the screen goes black. During this time Windows starts but I can't see the loading screen. Nothing appears. After a few hours, I discovered that when I move the screen back a little bit, the screen starts to work BUT a white shade appears around the edges of the screen like this:

20190709_194828.jpg

This issue continues for about 10 minutes after I access the desktop and it disappears gradually. It seems like a hardware issue to me but I wanted to be sure if there is a simple solution to this before I decide to send the device to technical support.

Does anybody have an idea or anyone having the same issue?

Thanks in advance,

June 11th, 2021 11:00

Hi there!

Good news!

I replaced the LCD cable and it works! Just a couple of bucks and I have my laptop's screen back again! I was in fear to send my laptop to Dell assistance here in my city because I have bad memories from my another Dell Laptop (they returned my computer worse than I send). So, now evertyhing is fine, phew!

This is the replaced cable. Good Luck!

20210611_144740.jpg

July 26th, 2019 15:00

oh man, i have this exact same issue, and someone posted the issue on the same day. i suspect the display logic and/or cable is compromised. assuming the laptop has not been roughly handled recently or water damaged, i'm pretty sure the board and/or cable failed on its own.

July 27th, 2019 03:00

I think it is a problem related with the left hinge issue which is a common problem with 7559s and it might cause the fading problem eventually. My device's hinge is working fine for now but two of my friends are having the same hinge problem and one of them told me that he also has the same fading screen issue. When this happens, hinge starts to make a cracking sound and it feels like it is not stable enough to support the screen when it is open. I hope I won't face the same problem because I am sure that I'm taking good care of my device and I never dropped my laptop.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

July 27th, 2019 04:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @CalculatinGenius  and @ilhanertan 

That does not look like a cable problem caused by a defective hinge.

What it looks like is a defective LCD panel.

Especially since it clears after some time.

First thing is to eliminate any possibility of any software/driver issue.

Dell Inspiron 7559 System BIOS Last Updated 21 Jun 2018:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=C46FM&oscode=WT64A&productcode=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

Fixes&Enhancements does not reflect any possible solution to the problem???

Intel HD Graphics Driver Last Updated 25 Jul 2019:  

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=GR6GW&oscode=WT64A&productcode=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

Again Fixes&Enhancements does not reflect any possible solution to the problem???

Do try to update both but I do not think it will solve the problem.

It does not look like the LED strip is failing as it would show darker sections at the bottom of the display.

LEDSfailing.PNG

Again it looks like a failing LCD panel and it may be a defective batch of panels as there seams to be others reporting the same problem.

Please try the updates and post back with any results.

One other thing is the laptop still under warranty???

Best regards,

U2

July 27th, 2019 19:00

UPDATE: my laptop has stopped having this issue (for now) actually. after about half an hour of use, the screen has regained full functionality with no halo. i am still not sure what could be causing your issue.

July 28th, 2019 08:00

Dear U2CAMEB4ME, Thank you for the detailed explanation. The problem started to occur about two weeks ago. I reinstalled the windows last week and deleted everything so after windows is ready, I installed the latest drivers from the Dell website including the ones you mentioned. And yes, it doesn't look like a problem you referred. I hope there is nothing wrong with the hardware because the laptop is not under warranty anymore. Kind regards,

July 28th, 2019 08:00

Dear CalculatinGenius, The issue loses its effect after some time on my device as well but whenever I turn on and off the device, it starts again.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

July 28th, 2019 09:00

@ilhanertan 

I hope @CalculatinGenius  will post back if the problem reappears.

I have tested hundreds if not thousands of LCD's and that type of failure is a first for me.

It reminds me of older LCD's that used a "CCFL" as the back-light.

When the CCFL was failing the whole screen would turn red.

But after time the red tint would go away.

Then when it was turned on again the process would repeat.

Regards,

U2

March 29th, 2020 03:00

Hi there,

I was wondering if you are still having the same problem. Mine didn't get better but not getting worse either. I guess I got used to it...

1 Message

November 27th, 2020 16:00

I'm having a very similar issue, the screen acts in the same manner
but also I can't access the BIOS (pressing f2 or f12 and turned off fast startup) & if the laptop sleeps or restarts it doesn't "wake up", the keyboard light would be on but I get a black screen. which means I can't even enter the BIOS from the Win 10 shortcut because it involves a restart.

March 2nd, 2021 11:00

late as heck update but the screen has now completely failed and i destroyed it trying to take it out lol. luckily, the laptop can treat an external monitor as the main screen.
its disappointing that this happened though. im debating whether to replace everything that needs replacing on this thing or just buying a new laptop

March 2nd, 2021 11:00

@ilhanertan 
that was the case for me for a while. but over time it got annoying having the stress the hinges of the laptop as i open it to not get the flickering and halo. i eventually tried to reseat the cable but as i was trying to remove the bezel as i saw instructed in several videos, the screen bit the dust

i suspect its because mine is of a different design... there were sticky ribbons glued to the bezel itself, which i did not see in any video, and i tore one while trying to remove the bezel. idk whats going on with mine but the screen is out now

March 2nd, 2021 12:00

i hope so too @ilhanertan 
and my laptop is a similar deal, permanently attached to a monitor now lol. but its still plenty usable since im willing to use it like that

March 2nd, 2021 12:00

I'm sorry to hear that.

After some time, I started having a hinge problem, it was loose a little bit and I though it might also causing the screen to fail. I watched some videos to learn how to tighten the hinges and while I doing that, I decided to take off the screen cable and plug it again. I just love how everything is so easy to access in this computer.

So I had no problem during the process, I was able to fix the hinges but screen problem remained the same. Nothing changed.

I always need my computer and I can't afford to wait for a repair unfortunately so I try not to move the laptop too much because I am pretty sure it has something to do with the cables passing through the hinges. When it gets black, I just move the screen back and forth once or twice and it works. I pretty much use it as a desktop now

Thanks for your feedback though. I hope mine survives a little bit more

March 6th, 2021 19:00

Same issue here:

IMG-20210305-WA0027.jpeg

This laptop have 2 years of use, never falls or beaten or contact with liquids, and I never open/close the lid incorrectly, always using 2 hands and slowly.

So, This issue appears when I installed an Samsung VGA Monitor and used a USB -> VGA display adapter to connect them. Image below:

20210306_233611.jpg

I will try to not use this adapter to see if the problem will disappear.

AND, searching for other foruns, what I saw is that some inspiron users suggested that is a battery/power supply issue, but I'm not sure about that.

No Events found!