Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

August 14th, 2018 04:00

Inspiron 15 7570 Keyboard Light Not Working

Hello,

I just updated the BIOS as per the windows update and now my keyboard back-light is acting very strange. If I press F10 it does toggle the back light on and off.

When the back light is supposed to be on, it does not actually come on unless

1. Pressing any key will light up the back light for a millisecond when they key is released
  2. Anytime I have a finger on the track pad, where it fades in and out as it should

What should I do? I do not feel like this is a settings issue rather a hardware issue.

Can someone please advise what I should do / can do about this.

Thank you in advance! :)

August 16th, 2018 13:00

Hello Elliot,

I've just updated the BIOS utility and encountered the same problem.

I searched for solutions to the problem and found only your post directly related.

Seeing there is no answer I thought I might be able to find a solution myself and I did.

Please follow the steps below:

1. At boot press F2 to go to the BIOS utility;
  2. Go to System configuration -> Keyboard Backlight with AC: found it already enabled;
  3. Disable it and click Apply;
  4. Enable it again and click Apply;
  5. Check the keyboard light by pressing Fn+F10 (at this point for me it stayed on, no more fading);
  6. Exit the BIOS Utility.

This solved it for me. Hope this works for you too.

Cheers,

Cristian

4 Posts

March 1st, 2019 23:00

@eliademoga wrote:

Hello Elliot,

I've just updated the BIOS utility and encountered the same problem.

I searched for solutions to the problem and found only your post directly related.

Seeing there is no answer I thought I might be able to find a solution myself and I did.

Please follow the steps below:

1. At boot press F2 to go to the BIOS utility;
  2. Go to System configuration -> Keyboard Backlight with AC: found it already enabled;
  3. Disable it and click Apply;
  4. Enable it again and click Apply;
  5. Check the keyboard light by pressing Fn+F10 (at this point for me it stayed on, no more fading);
  6. Exit the BIOS Utility.

This solved it for me. Hope this works for you too.

Cheers,

Cristian

Hi Cristan,

I know it's been several months since you posted in this topic, but if you check back here would you please post your BIOS version number? I have the same system as you do but I don't have the "Keyboard Backlight with AC" option. If I can get your BIOS number, I will upgrade (or downgrade) my BIOS with that one. I have been looking for a way to keep my keyboard light on for months!

Thanks!

5 Posts

January 18th, 2020 01:00

Hello there,

I have got this same problem.

After upgrade BIOS to newest version i lost my keyboard's backlight.

Is it possible to downgrade BIOS to the older version?

2 Posts

January 18th, 2020 15:00

Have you tried to reset the bios to defaults? I don't have this system but when I had odd problems after a bios update that solved it.

June 19th, 2020 14:00

Hi, MuskyCM,

the BIOS version must have been at 1.14.0 at the time of my post.
I hope this helps.

Best,
Cristian

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 20th, 2020 04:00

Check your BIOS settings to see if you can configure backlight illumination there.  And if you haven't already, try Fn+F10 rather than just F10 in case you changed your Function lock so that the F keys act as F keys by default rather than performing the function shown on their icons.

No Events found!