Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

J

4 Posts

November 6th, 2021 15:00

Inspiron 16 7610, touchpad issue and flickering

Hi,

I received Dell Inspiron 16 Plus last week, and I was satisfied with most of this new laptop.

However, the touchpad problem arose a few days ago.

It happens randomly. However, most of the situations in which this problem occurs are outdoors, beds, or side desks.

I attached a video showing a malfunctioning of touchpad

Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7610 touchpad issue after reboot 

Dell Inspiron 16 Plus touchpad issue 

75 Posts

December 10th, 2021 11:00

I had mine led than two weeks when it started, it's gone back to dell for repair. Doubt I'll see it again till the new year now. Fingers crossed it comes back sorted, hopefully Dell have dealt with the manufacturer of the touchpad have a better batch

4 Posts

December 11th, 2021 00:00

My bad. It happens AGAIN even after touchpad replacement.

Still malfunctioning.

2 Posts

December 16th, 2021 15:00

Hey everyone, I had this issue before, and now it seems to be resolved

Check this thread for the solution both windows and linux 

24 Posts

December 18th, 2021 03:00

Neither changing I2C settings, lowering the resolution or updating the Bios (at least up to 1.3.0) helps. Tried it all - the problems still occurs. Currently waiting (almost 3 weeks) for replacement service from Dell, but they do not have the parts required.

December 20th, 2021 05:00

Same problem for me here. The stupid trackpad is unusable.  I have an additional problem where randomly the keyboard drops characters but not sure if the issue is related.  Anybody get theirs fixed yet?

75 Posts

December 20th, 2021 14:00

Why does this show as solved? what is the solution?

3 Posts

December 21st, 2021 07:00

Solution fro me = open the laptop and untighten the battery screws. Mine were super tight, I think this was too much pressure, but might be too little space in the case for the battery after all.
I had a similar issue with a replacement battery on my XPS 9350. The battery heats up and expands when in use, then pressure is too much for the touchpad from below and it starts to get glitchy. Please go ahead and try this. I left the cover screws out for the moment, but with the clips it should not make much of a difference.

January 1st, 2022 23:00

Same issue with my Dell inspirion 16 7610 laptop I purchased from US and i am outside US in India and this mouse pointer issue is very much irritating. This is not expected from the well reputed brand like Dell. And right now I don't have idea where to go for this issue resolution. 

1 Message

January 3rd, 2022 17:00

hi , 

i bought the inspiron 16 plus 1 month ago and has the touchpad problem . when i ran the diagnostics through dell support assistance in the website , it failed in memory test in two categories 1. advanced pattern test and 2. moving inversion test . And when i ran on board diagnostics and windows memory diagnostics, nothing was wrong and did not get any errors . which one to trust. anyone .

PS: the touch pad  started working again lets see .

in the last one month it was the only time it has happened  

75 Posts

January 4th, 2022 09:00

Just for info, I bought one of these 3060gtx spec, used it for a week and had to send it back, I received it back repaired on Christmas eve, Christmas day the touchpad was knackered again. The service report said the controller board and the cable had been changed. I am now waiting for a replacement, no due date offered yet by Dell, however they are in stock - if I bought the same again I would receive it on the 6th January according to the sales page. Since November 26th I have used the laptop for maybe 10 days - I could use  it with a mouse, but whats the point of using a laptop thats going back to Dell? luckily for me I have a desktop that I can use when I need a PC. This service from Dell has been pretty poor. Reading the reviews there seems to be few problems with a small number of these laptops - fingers crossed I get a good one - eventually. 

1 Message

January 5th, 2022 05:00

Is there a solution from Dell? I called the support today and was told to wait till they fix the software. I don't really think another driver update will fix this issue.

No Events found!