Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 3rd, 2019 10:00

Inspiron 17-5767, part not in stock

I purchased a Inspiron 17-5767 on December 28, 2017 with a warranty that runs through October 2022. I am having a keyboard issue and ordered a new one from Dell. It was supposed to be delivered and installed today. I called Dell because I haven't received a shipping Email and was advised there are none in inventory. If they're not going to have parts, how are they going to be able to honor their warranties in a timely fashion?

24 Posts

July 30th, 2019 08:00

Dell replaced my "system" (they sent me a later model refurbished computer) so I am happy. I still don't understand why they didn't have replacement keyboards for my previous model. The keyboard on this one looks identical to the one on my original.

1 Rookie

• 

96 Posts

July 3rd, 2019 13:00

@SamMcGowan 

I would give them a call, and try to demand that the time while they are "not" providing the expected service be added back to the warranty. It's their fault that the part is not in stock. 

24 Posts

July 3rd, 2019 16:00

Dell's contractors are giving me a song and dance. Meanwhile, I have a laptop with a keyboard that forces me to use the touch keyboard for several letters most of the time. I am NOT happy!

24 Posts

July 4th, 2019 07:00

Dell Support is telling me that the part is on "back order." Why does a company not keep parts on hand to service its warranty? I purchased the golly-gee-whiz warranty in order to get timely service - 48 hours. Now there's no telling when they'll actually ship the part. I am not a happy camper and this is going to effect my next computer purchase. I've been happy with Dell but it appears they're starting to slip. I live in Texas and Dell is a Texas company. Their main facilities are only a day away by mail. This kind of stuff shouldn't be happening.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

July 4th, 2019 09:00

Since you have the next day warranty, I think I would demand a replacement notebook since they are unable to repair in the warranty time.

24 Posts

July 4th, 2019 16:00

I'm definitely heading in that direction. Of course, their support people are somewhere in India and don't give a flip. I'm about to start writing letters to Austin. 

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

July 6th, 2019 12:00

If you going to have to wait it out I would just hook up a wireless keyboard and mouse? I use a fairly cheap set I got from Logitec on Amazon. Can be gotten at Office Depot and Best Buy but they are more expensive. I see Sam's Club has a set for about $30 on sale.

24 Posts

July 11th, 2019 10:00

I don't need to hook up a keyboard. Only a few keys are erratic and I have an On-Screen Keyboard for those that don't work. Dell tells me they now have the parts and have scheduled a technician to come out and install it. I'll believe it when they show up at my door. 

24 Posts

July 11th, 2019 16:00

I have no clue what is going on with my part. I received a message that they were going to replace the system then I got one that they have the part and I was set up for installation tomorrow. I got a text that the part had been ordered and I'd receive a text when it shipped. I have yet to receive such a text. I initiated a chat with Tech Support today but the technician was unable to determine the status. I was supposed to receive an Email within an hour but have yet to receive it. I've spent thousands on Dell computers over the years and have received good service but they seem to be slipping. My next computer may not be a Dell product. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

July 12th, 2019 13:00

@SamMcGowan

I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your service. We have a confirmation that since the part is not available & we do not have an ETA on the part availability, you have been offered a Dell-certified refurbished system to which you have accepted.

The team will keep you posted with the new dispatch number once they find a system which matches your system specs.

Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

24 Posts

July 12th, 2019 14:00

Why do I have the feeling this is going to be another boondoggle? I note that there are no longer any Inspiron 17 inch in the 5000 Series. 

24 Posts

July 23rd, 2019 12:00

I THINK, I emphasize "think", that Dell is in the process of resolving my problem. They don't seem to have any replacement keyboards for my laptop so they are going to replace the system. We shall see.

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

July 30th, 2019 09:00

While many parts look simular there are the different connection and how it's mounted no telling unless you changed some out yourself. Manufactures normally order parts in large batches once these  are used  up it becomes difficult to replace

No Events found!