Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 4th, 2021 21:00

Inspiron 5510, Dell Adaptive Brightness

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5510 with an i7 processor and Intel Iris Xe Graphics. My problem is that the computer automatically adjusts the screen brightness based on what images are being displayed on the screen. (This happens only when the laptop is running on battery when it's plugged in there's no problem) For instance, when I open up a word document the screen becomes very bright because of the white background it is displaying but when the screen displays a darker image like a webpage with a black background the screen brightness noticeably dims. At first, I just assumed this was some graphics or power-saving setting. Is there some well-hidden setting causing this, is my laptop screen defective, or is this just the way the laptop is? I need to know. It's driving me nuts. ( I don't see an option of adaptive brightness in advanced power settings>>display)

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

October 11th, 2021 00:00

Per Dell-Cares: 

This system is working as designed. After Windows build 20H2, adaptive brightness is now controlled by the OS.

With that said, the settings below can help and be used as a workaround in some cases: 

For this system - entering the BIOS and turning off Eco Mode will disable adaptive brightness in the OS (this was the solution for this system).

Note On some systems, using the Intel Graphics Command Center can also sometimes disable it (not the case with this model). IGCC can be found here.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

October 5th, 2021 04:00

• For Windows 10
    1. Press and hold the Windows (

) key, and then press the q key.
    2. In the Search box type, settings.
    3. In the search results list, touch, or click Settings (App).
    4. Touch or click System.
    5. On the Display screen, find the Adjust my screen brightness automatically option.

Note:  Some notebooks do not support this feature, and the option is not available. You can manually adjust the brightness using the slider bar under   Change brightness for the built-in display, after making any desired changes, close the  System  window.
    6. Touch or click the slider to toggle the option on or off.
    7. Touch or click Apply.
    8. Close the System window.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2021 08:00

There's no option of adjusting the screen brightness automatically (no toggle option either). Neither there is the option of Adaptive Brightness in advanced power settings>> display.

October 30th, 2021 02:00

Boot into the BIOS setup using F12 button.

Go to the DISPLAY section and then disable EcoPower which is the main culprit. That should solve your issue.

Also, I would recommend you to do the same in future whenever you buy a new laptop from DELL. It is so much intrusive by DELL to keep the option enabled by default.

Let me know if it helps and mark the solution as accepted if the solution works for you.

5 Posts

October 30th, 2021 10:00

I have exactly the same problem with Inspiron 7306 2n1...I am looking for help with this please

5 Posts

October 30th, 2021 14:00

I have inspiron 7306 2n1 ... I have the same problem, and I donot have the "Eco Mode" option in the BIOS system

October 30th, 2021 21:00

Hey bro,

You can look into your Intel Graphics Command Center and check options under the Power.

Disable all the battery saving stuff.

See if it helps.

If the above setting don't work then go to control panel and then search for power. Under power options select choose a power plan and then select balanced power plan. See if it helps.

In my case this of Inspiron 5510 the second trick does the job. 

Check if it works for you.

5 Posts

October 30th, 2021 23:00

Thanks very much Mayank...unfortunately, I tried both tricks, but still doesnot work...

2 Posts

December 16th, 2021 11:00

Bought this laptop 3 days ago, facing the same exact issue.

2 Posts

December 16th, 2021 20:00

Finally issue resolved, run the BIOS and turned off the ECO POWER mode from the Brightness option.

1 Message

April 13th, 2022 12:00

Yes, it was the Eco Power setting in the BIOS that worked for me. I have an Inspiron 3511 and this had been driving me nuts for months!

15 Posts

April 15th, 2022 12:00

On my 7506 2-n-1 with Intel iRIS MAX graphics, it took an updated driver from Intel for my auto brightness issue to be solved. None of the solutions above worked for my device.

June 13th, 2022 23:00

me too have the same issue.

and there is no ''eco mode" in bios either

No Events found!