Highlighted
SergioRuz
1 Nickel

Inspiron 5559 screen not working when restarting.

Hello, I own an Inspiron 5559 i7 and I have an Issue whenever I close the screen. If i decide to pause my work and close, whenever I open it again the screen starts flickering leaven me with no other option that turn off the system by pressing the buttom. 

Is there a solution?

Am I doing something wrong by closing the laptop?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Inspiron 5559 screen not working when restarting.

Thank you for your message.

This could be caused by a faulty graphics driver failing to wake from sleep.

Please move the LCD back & forth & check if there is any screen flickering, this will help us diagnose if there is an issue with the LVDS cable.

Open device manager – expand display adapter – right click on the video driver & click uninstall (do not delete driver) & restart the computer. This will refresh the driver, check if the issue persists after this.

Check the version of BIOS installed & connect an external monitor if available & check if the issue is seen on the external display.

Please click on the message tab – click new message & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
KW1999
1 Copper

Re: Inspiron 5559 screen not working when restarting.

I am seeing this same issue was there a resolution .

0 Kudos