Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

1 Message

April 17th, 2019 14:00

Inspiron 5579 won't update windows after hard reset

I recently  My Inspiron 5579 2 in 1 laptop because I had a lot of files taking up storage and just wanted to purge it. 

I went for the full reset without saving any information and such. I got to the point where you choose your location, keyboand,  and timezone, and it then goes to a screen that says "just a moment" with the loading symbol. Then it just restarts and takes me back to the input choice screen. When I click "next", it comes up with this screen:

Why did my PC restart?

There's a problem that's keeping us from getting your PC ready to use, but we think an update will help get things working again. Here's how to get the update:

1. Make sure your PC is plugged in.

2. If this PC uses Wi-Fish,  select next to follow instructions to connect to a Wi-Fi network.

3. If this PC does not use Wi-Fi, insert a network cable to connect to a wired network, and select next.

4. Once you're connected, select Next, and the update will inot all. 

I already put in the wi-fi, the screen came up before any of this.

After that screen comes up and I select "next" it goes to a loading screen with the text "just a moment". It's on this screen for a few minutes. Then it goes to a dark screen and turns back on- like it went into sleep mode momentarily- and goes back to the input screen. After that the screen I wrote out the text for comes up and the cycle repeats.

Any ideas? I've tried turning it off and on again- it just goes on to sleep mode. I'm lost.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

April 18th, 2019 00:00

Use Windows 10 Version 1809 or Windows 10 Version 1903 Insider Preview Media from Microsoft, make a Bootable USB and clean install with it. Then use Dell Update to install all the system drivers. See my guides here: https://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-oem-faqs-and-downloads/

1 Message

July 29th, 2019 08:00

Hi,

I’m having the exact same issue as OP, but Philip’s response is completely foreign to me. OP were you able to fix it using his method or did you find another way?

Thanks!

• 

17K Posts

July 31st, 2019 08:00

Sniegelsky,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number as well as your registered name, email address, and phone number.

1 Message

September 26th, 2019 08:00

I am having the same issue.

No Events found!