Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 20th, 2018 15:00

Inspiron 7577, Windows 10 Realtek driver issue

Hello, i have a problem with the sound of my dell. The sound driver creates some kind of lag for the entire system and distorts it too( like the issues discussed in the other threads). I've gone through every single topic about this issue and have tried the native sound driver possible fix ( that fixes the lag issue but the speakers make a pop sound randomly and I'm afraid it could damage the speakers ). Tried the latest realtek drivers from their site, that just made it worse. Tried uninstalling the dell assistance program and that didn't help either. Used DCP Latency Checker http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml and it stays on yellow about 1000 micro seconds constantly, rarely dropping to green. Is there anything else i can do or am I at the mercy of Dell to update their drivers?

2 Posts

March 10th, 2018 01:00

Anyone can confirm that in a fresh installation of W10 the audio is still having these issues? Just curious... 

20 Posts

March 10th, 2018 03:00

how do you install win 8.1 really?

IntelHD drivers cannot be installed in proper way as well as intel thermal management.

24 Posts

March 10th, 2018 08:00

I installed those drivers in improper way. HD630 driver for windows 8.1 exists in beta version. Manual editing .inf file allows to install newer drivers. Thermal management drivers from another dell notebook also work. There are no such words as "cannot be". You just need some good will (unlike Microsoft).

6 Posts

March 23rd, 2018 14:00

Even the games freeze from this. In Fortnite i get constant freezes, sometimes they last for 5 seconds straight and I can tell that this is the cause cause the sound tearing is present at every freeze. C'mon guys , is it too much to ask for a small update for one of your latest devices ? Even if it is Microsoft's fault, you should care about your customers and figure this out...

1 Message

April 3rd, 2018 20:00

this did it for me... !!!!

also i found that is you run the trouble shooter and click BAD after the test sound goes off... it will ask you to restart
DONT!!!

instead click restart later and it will run another test and it should fix the buggy audio

but YES make sure you dont have SmartByteinstalled...  @avtella 

April 29th, 2018 10:00

I tried every proposed solution: each driver-windows-dell apps combination always give at least one of these 3 results:
-good audio from apps but very distort sounds from windows
-speakers/headphones popping when the sound card "turns on/off" after some seconds of inactivity
-very low volume and flat sound with no popping sound (only without ANY realtek driver installed)

Has anybody found a decent solution or completely solved with one of the tips in this discussion?

6 Posts

April 30th, 2018 01:00

I've tried every solution I've read about, and I've read a lot, but unfortunately none has worked.  It's a very frustrating issue.

May 4th, 2018 11:00

@gaghiel80wrote:

Hello, finally I have the definitive solution for this model! I will explain the shortest possible: The problem that causes the bad noise is the incompatibility of the most recent version of windows with the software of "MAXX AUDIO WAVES", NOT THE AUDIO DRIVER, the solution is download from the official page of realtek the driver.

After installing the correct driver, you must disable the start of MAXX AUDIO WAVES in the windows boot because if you uninstall it, the same windows updates will install it again and again.

1. Open managed tasks and in the start tab find WAVES MAXX AUDIO and disable it.
  2. Open services.smc and find waves audio services, right click properties and select "disabled" in the START TYPE tab.

THIS WAY DOES NOT UNINSTALL WL WOOFER

Restart the computer and you're done

Can you tell me which version of realtek audio drivers you have on device manager? and are them "reatek audio" or "realtek high definition audio"?

Can you also try to open the volume slider on the bottom right corner off the taskbar (with windows sounds set to default so the volume change produces a "notification sound") and tap on it as fast as possible, up to 20 times.. this should produce many sounds that, in my case, distort and pop A LOT! If you got rid of this and you will solve on mine too, you'll be my hero!

4 Posts

May 5th, 2018 08:00

To eliminate that noise from the volume bar you have to block the start of WAVES MAXX AUDIO as explained before, this software is the one that works badly, at the moment that there is no WAVES MAXX AUDIO at the start of windows they will automatically be removed errors in the audio, you should not have any WAVES MAXX icon in the task bar any more.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2018 08:00

real.jpgreal2.jpg

May 5th, 2018 19:00

I tried at least 4 diffferent realtek driver versions, each without WAVES (both the service stopped and disabled in services and the auto start disabled from task manager, then system rebooted). No processes related to MAXX AUDIO were present in all these tests.
I cannot see your images because they have to be approved by a moderator and it seems to be a very slow process in this forum, so if you can copy-paste what you tried to show (I assume driver version and windows built) it would help lot :)
Thanks in advance ;)

@gaghiel80wrote:

To eliminate that noise from the volume bar you have to block the start of WAVES MAXX AUDIO as explained before, this software is the one that works badly, at the moment that there is no WAVES MAXX AUDIO at the start of windows they will automatically be removed errors in the audio, you should not have any WAVES MAXX icon in the task bar any more.

4 Posts

May 5th, 2018 20:00

Driver version: "Realtek Audio" (6.0.1.8186) Windows version: Windows 10 Home Single Language, version 1709, compilation 16299.371

May 13th, 2018 19:00

Uninstall Smartbytes...just worked for me

May 21st, 2018 04:00

The thread has been closed, but there are still problems!
I'm on a clean install of Win10 (no smartbyte, no waves) and I still experience the same bad audio!

6 Posts

May 21st, 2018 04:00

@gaghiel80 THANK YOU !! It's not perfect but heck, what is ? Miles better anyways. Have a great day good sir!

No Events found!