Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

O

April 17th, 2018 04:00

Inspiron 7577 or 7559 different spec according to product support web and support assist app

Hello,

I have Dell Inspiron 15 7000, which currently having frequent freeze problems after I update the BIOS,

now I'm looking for newer BIOS version on the product support web.

on SupportAssist app I found that my computer is Inspiron 7577 (on right screenshot), this is exactly the type that I bought from Dell store.

I put my service tag on Dell website, and now it's refer to Inspiron 15 7000 series 7559. (on left screenshot).

Both is different series, so which one should I refer to find download BIOS?

thank you.

dell_servicetag.jpg

1 Message

January 24th, 2019 09:00

I am also confused about this. I bought Dell 7577 from dell.com but on searching through service tag no. and even on my laptop the dell support assist recognizes my laptop as dell 7559. I dont know why this is? If anyone from DELL can provide an explaination for this.

5 Posts

July 16th, 2021 12:00

2021 and noone answered anything? seriously? i bought my 7577 from a normal shop but i thought i bought a cat in a bag. now i see that im not alone.i had the same problem with the bios and dont think installing ANY bios is a fix but can cause more trouble. im not talking about heating problems even with casual games.   THIS is why i start hating a brand. no answer from them no explanation and defo no fix. sham on you @Anonymous.

No Events found!