Start a Conversation

Unsolved

U

18 Posts

August 9th, 2020 14:00

Inspiron G7 15 7588, CPU drops to 0.79 GHz

I have the Inspiron G7 15 7588, with i7 8750H, GTX 1060, 16GB RAM and so on. Purchased 2 years/13 days ago on July 27, 2018. The 1 year warranty expired on August 22, 2019.

This laptop is a real problem. I know that and I have been "fighting" with it since I bought it. However, it gets more ridiculous day by day. Here is my problem:

This CPU is very hot and most of us probably know that. So, I already undervolted it and made it work many time ago. It's frequency drops to 0.79 GHz after heavy work for couple of minutes (I am assuming this happens because it tries to lower the temperatures). After those couple of minutes, it goes up to 2.20 GHz as normal (I disabled Turbo to prevent unnecessary heating, that's why it goes up to only 2.20 GHz). BUT, I faced something very strange and annoying today. I was going to play some Fall Guys with my friends for couple of matches. However, CPU frequency started to drop to 0.79 GHz in game, and the temperature was only 78C. I tried to restart the game, and even laptop but nothing changed. I used the laptop at 85C day before without any issues. So, before throwing the laptop out from my window, I decided to close everything and ask to the community about this issue. Is there any way to prevent the CPU frequency to go down to 0.79 GHz by any means. I am sure I was not facing these kind of frequency problems before.

Thanks.

18 Posts

February 20th, 2019 17:00

The worst part is, this is the reply when I PM'ed one of the mods about this issue. Because I used profanity multiple times. In my opinion, nothing was offensive. So what should Dell do to itself, since I get warning because I use these words, but they DON'T fix the problems that they caused at the first place? Probably they will ban me for their stupid move. Well, I won't be surprised if they will

Screenshot_5.png

18 Posts

August 13th, 2020 09:00

Screenshot_7.jpgThis is stinks. If I can't use this laptop even when I watch videos, why did I buy this?

18 Posts

August 20th, 2020 16:00

Now this happens on everything. I mean everything. I'm never gonna buy Dell ever again. I am done with this. No support, you are on your own once you buy this thing. My toaster at kitchen is a better computer for sure.

18 Posts

August 22nd, 2020 09:00

It is getting worse day by day. This is what happened today while I was "gaming". I am 1 step away from throwing this useless product from a window. No temperatur issue, no workload issue on CPU; however it decides to go down to 0.79 GHz and let Intel GPU to handle its jobs. I am sure it is something BIOS related, since I didn't encounter with such a thing before. And as we all know, we can't downgrade our BIOS version for no reason. Thanks Dell. I haven't been contacted by Dell by any means. Their helper bot keeps PM'ing, but no one contacting. I will keep this article updated. 

Screenshot_5.jpg

1 Message

June 28th, 2023 08:00

hey, your not the only one I know the reason why this is happening. I know a solution for it and that is since my laptop (same as yours) does the same issue playing roblox. my solution is to buy a 180w power adaptor for it (an aftermarket one) because there is a very high chance that your laptop has a 130w power adapter which isn't enough for a 1060 and a 8750h

No Events found!