Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:06

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

January 23rd, 2018 11:00

This is completely normal - there's no way the battery can power the system at full speed.

Also note that disabling speedstep forces the CPU to run as if on battery all the time.

If you're using the CPU at full speed -- and even more the GPU -- you must have the system plugged in.  

1 Rookie

• 

10 Posts

January 23rd, 2018 12:00

I know this CPU is hungry but I bought this laptop to play while plugged in but to surf the web on the couch at night. What's the purpose of having a battery then?

7 Posts

September 7th, 2018 03:00

I did every single tip i found to the limit and installed the BIOS 1.6 even ... that led to reinstalling windows ... seems this problem started after the 1.42 bios ,.. I have the 7567 also with i7 7700hq 4k  interestingly it does not have this issue !!!!!!

1 Message

February 21st, 2019 13:00

Not true, I just updated my bios from 1.1 because I was having the issue hoping I could fix it.  Same problem.  In order for Dell to make a thin laptop, they skimped on the battery, it doesn't have enough guts to run this thing, that has to be it.  A complete f up by Dell in my opinion.  I would expect to stream a movie on battery, why the f it can't do that boggles my mind.

I am selling this POS and getting a different laptop that actually does what it is supposed to do.  The dedicated graphics implementation is a joke.  What a mistake it was buying this thing.

Up yours Dell, all I ever owned was dell, but the customer service went from terrible to unbearable, and now the hardware is junk too.  See ya....

No Events found!