Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Message

June 18th, 2020 15:00

Laptop won't turn on

Hi there, 

Hope you all are doing great. I am facing problem with my Inspiron laptop. Till last night it was working properly but today morning when I tried to open it, it won't start. I tried to charge it and then open it but still it won't start. Please help me out with this issue as I've a major assignment due shortly. My laptop is of 5000 series and it's processor is i5 7th Generation. 

Thanks in advance.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

June 19th, 2020 03:00

If your Dell PC does not power on or boot into the operating system, it is recommended that you perform a hard reset first. Performing a hard reset usually fixes many problems and also drains any residual power that may be causing the problem. If your Dell PC still does not power on or boot into the operating system, follow the appropriate actions below based on your Dell PC's symptoms.

Perform a hard reset
Power off your Dell PC

Disconnect the AC adapter or power cord, and remove the battery (for Dell laptop PCs).

Note: For certain Dell ultrathin laptop PCs that may have nonremovable batteries, we recommend you visit our Dell knowledge base article How to reset Real Time Clock (RTC) to recover your Dell XPS, Dell Latitude, or Dell Precision laptop PC.

Note: For certain Dell Latitude laptop PCs, we recommend you try and recover the PC using the forced ePSA method. Visit the Dell knowledge base article How to Use Forced ePSA to Recover from POST or Boot Failure.
Disconnect all external devices or peripherals like USB drives, printer cables, and media cards (SD/xD).

Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds to drain residual power.

Connect the AC adapter or power cord and the battery (for Dell laptop PCs).

If your Dell PC still does not power on or boot into the operating system, follow the appropriate guide below based on your Dell PC's symptoms. You can also follow the instructions below to run a hardware diagnostic check on your Dell PC.

Run hardware diagnostics
When your Dell PC does not seem to be working correctly, diagnostics are available to help you identify and resolve the issue. Dell has built a suite of self-diagnostic tests into Dell laptops, desktops, servers, and Windows-based tablets. These are called the Dell Enhanced Pre-Boot System Assessment (ePSA) or Dell Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA) Diagnostics.

When your Dell PC encounters a problem, it is recommended that you first try to run a diagnostic test. Any error codes that these tests provide can go a long way toward troubleshooting your issue.

Dell offers both built-in and online diagnostics.

For information about how to run the online hardware diagnostics, refer to the Dell knowledge-base article How to run the Online Diagnostics and use the Diagnostics for Troubleshooting.
When your PC cannot access the Internet, refer to the Dell knowledge-base articles What are the ePSA and PSA diagnostics? and How to Enter the Built-in Diagnostics (ePSA and PSA).

No Events found!