Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

August 16th, 2018 19:00

My Windows password is correct but today it is rejected.

I have Windows 10 installed in my Dell laptop. My computer has gone mad and allowing me to login and I am 100% sure it’s the correct password since I haven’t change the password from like months. I know there are some password recovery tools that could get this job done but which one to rely on?

Ophcrack is not a choice because my password is longer than it can handle and I cannot spend  dollars on buying rainbow tables . Please suggest something else.

17 Posts

August 16th, 2018 21:00

Password are case sensitive so please look all the keys on the keyboard is working fine, use on screen keyboard to login, make sure caps lock is not on, sometimes num lock key is off, now still password is incorrect then check if it's Microsoft account or local account, in case of Microsoft account use pin to login instead of password. You will find pin and password option under sign in options.if pin is not set up then make sure you are online while entering the password. If still password is incorrect then you may reset the password for microsoft account , obviously you have to use another device to reset the Microsoft account password, visit the below link to reset the password.

https://login.live.com/

Enter your email and Click on forgot password and reset or your password.

In case you are not using Microsoft account then in local we don't have much option. You might have reset the system which will reinstall the windows and you will lose all the data . 

Steps to reset

On the login screen you have to press and hold the shift key on the keyboard and while holding shift key click on restart from the power icon on the bottom right corner of the screen, it will take you to windows recovery screen , click on troubleshoot and then you select reset or factory image restore to reinstall Windows, once done setup your system and start it from scratch.

Reset steps are applicable for windows 10 users.

2 Posts

August 21st, 2018 20:00

Are you familiar with command prompt on Windows? Or which level you are at for computer skills?

1 Message

August 22nd, 2018 18:00

@Alex8789 wrote:

Password are case sensitive so please look all the keys on the keyboard is working fine, use on screen keyboard to login, make sure caps lock is not on, sometimes num lock key is off, now still password is incorrect then check if it's Microsoft account or local account, in case of Microsoft account use pin to login instead of password. You will find pin and password option under sign in options.if pin is not set up then make sure you are online while entering the password. If still password is incorrect then you may reset the password for microsoft account , obviously you have to use another device to reset the Microsoft account password, visit the below link to reset the password.

In case you are not using Microsoft account then in local we don't have much option. You might have reset the system which will reinstall the windows and you will lose all the data . 

Steps to reset

On the login screen you have to press and hold the shift key on the keyboard and while holding shift key click on restart from the power icon on the bottom right corner of the screen, it will take you to windows recovery screen , click on troubleshoot and then you select reset or factory image restore to reinstall Windows, once done setup your system and start it from scratch.

Thanks, but it's not a microsoft account.. it's a local login password, so any help? 

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 20:00

@peter147 wrote:

@Alex8789 wrote:

Steps to reset

Thanks, but it's not a microsoft account.. it's a local login password, so any help? 

For local user account, PassFolk free tool is the a nice option: https://www.passfolk.com/

You can make a password reset with this tool (USB or CD). Then use it to remove local account password.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2021 20:00

It is old thread but anyway, but it might be useful to somebody: if you are sure 100% that password is correct, the one possibility is that language/keyboard is changed. Probably your Login Screen have language button, click on it and switch to proper language.

dot11

No Events found!