Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

4 Posts

June 3rd, 2021 02:00

Need help with Alienware Command Center and OC Controls for Dell G5 SE 5505

Hello I need some help with updating Alienware Command Center.

I don't know the right way to do it 

I updated the Alienware OC controls but I don't see the FX tab for in the UI

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2021 06:00

Hi @grimmybruh  welcome to this user to user discussion forum. This is not Dell Support. 

Support for Dell G5 SE 5505 Drivers & Downloads says install  AWCC Version 5.2.115.0, A00 <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> . Download and install Revo Uninstaller Free. Follow instructions in How to Remove and Reinstall the Alienware Command Center, but use Revo Uninstaller Free to remove AWCC & OC Controls and then its Advanced Scanning Mode to remove all the leftover multiple files, folders, and/or Registry entries on your system. Then complete Dell's remaining instructions, and Restart (not Shut Down). 

Then install AWCC as if for the first time. If you are lucky, all four AWCC tabs will be reinstated. AWCC will automatically download and integrate OC Controls to get AWCC Fusion tab working. 

Please click on Kudos to say thank you for response from another user. Please share an update on progress, so that other users derive benefit from your experience. Thank you. 

Revo Uninstaller (Free).jpg 

June 3rd, 2021 08:00

Hey crimson, there is this driver available for my laptop (dell g5 se 5505)

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Do i need to completely remove alienware command center or can i just run the driver?

7 Technologist

• 

6.1K Posts

June 3rd, 2021 09:00

Hi @grimmybruh  thank you for sharing update. 

Your link to AWCC update installer is the same link that was provided earlier. This link installs and then tries to load the Dell AWCC Application into Windows OS. Dell recommends removal of AWCC and OC Controls before installing new version. Users recommend using Revo Uninstaller Free, because it removes all of the AWCC and OC Controls and their left over files. The AWCC can then be installed as if for the first time.

If your system has a fault, the AWCC may not load, the AlienFX 2.0 application may not load, the AWCC Home, Library, Fusion, FX tabs may not be reinstated. The AWCC is not a standalone application and has interface problems with Microsoft changes to the Windows OS. Unlike AlienFX 1.0, the new AlienFX 2.0 has no troubleshoot capability. If AWCC works, do not update AWCC. 

However, its your new Dell G5 SE 5505, and you have first year Dell Warranty. Click on @DELL-Cares and send Private Message requesting assistance, or use your Dell Account to request Product Support create a warranty fault ticket for you. 

No Events found!