spazdazzle
1 Copper

Network adapter missing

Hi,

I cannot see any wireless network - troubleshooting tells me that there is no driver installed for the WiFi adapter. I have tried to download the 3 potential WiFi adapters for my model - Inspiron 3147. None of the installations even succeed - they all fail to install. So I tried to install the chipset drivers just in case...3/4 work..."Virtual Buttons" also does not install.

I have tried to reset my PC in all 3 ways (save my files, delete my files, delete my files more thoroughly), and this also fails every time. I have also re-installed Windows 10 to see if that would allow me to do a reset, and it still does not. 

I have also tried to use Dell Command, but that also fails to install the driver library (does it need WiFi?).

Can someone please help me get WiFi working?

Thanks!

Dan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
spazdazzle
1 Copper

Re: Network adapter missing

Network Reset does not work either

0 Kudos
spazdazzle
1 Copper

log.PNG

0 Kudos
nyc10036
3 Cadmium

@spazdazzle wrote:

log.PNG

can't see your photo

When did this problem come up?

Was this laptop new?

Re-installing Windows requires installing drivers starting with chipset.

Perhaps you have a bad wifi card.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you on this.

What is the wireless card model installed on your computer?

Is the Bluetooth connectivity working fine? 

Open device manager – expand network adapter- check if the wireless card is listed.

What is the BIOS version installed?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

Dell-SreejithRamesh
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

spazdazzle
1 Copper

Hi. Thank you for your reply.

I sent you the service tag number. How would I get the wireless card model that is installed?

I am not sure about bluetooth connectivity - I have never tried to use it before - the screen says it couldn't connect and that I need to turn on Bluetooth, but I can't find any other Bluetooth setting where I would turn it on.

Under device manager, I have two unknown devices, and under Network Adaptors I have 8 listed that all start with the words "WAN Miniport", so no, I do not think it is listed.

The BIOS version says "Dell Inc. A02, 8/19/2014".

Thanks!

0 Kudos