Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

March 29th, 2019 07:00

No display -Dell inspiron N5010

Im facing an issue with my laptop that it has been happening frequently recently, when I turn on my laptop i see the following symptoms: 1- no display 2- power led is on 3-hard disk led turn on for 1 second then turn off 3-cpu fan is working I tried to remove the static charge inside the laptop through removing the battery and pushing the power button for a few minutes with no luck and there is no display on external screen too The only way that I can fix this issue is by leaving the laptop on plugged in with no battery for 20 minutes or so and then turn it off and remove the static charge Is there any way to prevent this issue from happening again? Thank you all for your help Regards

2 Posts

March 29th, 2019 09:00

Hi when you start the laptop is ther smone beeps.If there are some count how many are 

• 1 Beep: Replace the motherboard / system board.
  • 2 Beeps: Reseat the memory or replace the memory.
  • 3 Beeps: Replace the motherboard / system board.
  • 4 Beeps: Reseat the memory or replace the memory.
  • 5 Beeps: Replace the CMOS battery.
  • 6 Beeps: Reseat or replace the video card or replace the motherboard / system board.
  • 7 Beeps: Reseat or replace the CPU or replace the motherboard.
  • 8 Beeps: Reseat the LCD cable or replace the LCD screen.

One of the simple fix you can try remove the battery and AC adapter and remove  the ram ( clean them whit rubber eraser on the gold bars) and re seat the memory

March 29th, 2019 14:00

I hear no beeps plus I tried to clean the ram too and still having the same issue

April 4th, 2019 03:00

Hello friends Any new suggestions that you have to fix my issue? The problem occurred again today it always starts with freezing picture while Im using the laptop then after doing the restart the laptop boot with no display and no beeps
No Events found!