Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

2 Posts

August 27th, 2019 03:00

Pitlocker lock with no password

I have set bitlocker but accidentally didn't save the password and i tried Cmd to get protectors but it is not showing any password

25 Posts

August 27th, 2019 03:00

Enable/Disable the TPM

1.Turn the computer on
2.As the computer performs POST, press the hotkey (usually F2 or Delete) to enter the BIOS
3.Once in the BIOS, locate the section that configures Security
4.In the Security section, locate the TPM option
5.Highlight the TPM 2.0/1.2 section on the left.

6.Check the TPM box on the right to switch on the TPM
7.After switching the TPM on, select the option to Activate/Enable the TPM.

8.After the TPM has been activated and enabled, save changes and exit the BIOS

1.5K Posts

August 27th, 2019 06:00

Log in using your MS Account, got to the MS Store the key should be stored there, I don't remember exactly where ifs been a few months since I had to do the same thing.  if you didn't log on to your MS Account when you turned on Bit Locker I'm not sure that you can recover it. that is the purpose of bit locker it's pretty much hack-proof no back doors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

In which place can i found it?

1.5K Posts

Log on to your Microsoft Account store, there you will find your Key stored

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

August 27th, 2019 07:00

Getting the protectors should show the Recovery Key for the volume, but the volume has to be unlocked first.  BitLocker obviously can't tell you the Recovery Key for a partition that's locked, since that would be no security at all.  Are you trying to back up the Recovery Key of a partition that's currently unlocked, or are you trying to get the Recovery Key for a partition that's currently locked?  If the latter, then yes I would check your MS account.  If you don't find it there, then what caused the Recovery Key prompt?  If it was BIOS update or settings change, rolling back to the previous release/settings should bypass the Recovery Key prompt again.  If you don't have the Recovery Key and can't undo whatever caused the prompt, then you won't be able to access your data.

9.4K Posts

August 28th, 2019 10:00

Hi FahmyDiab12,

Thanks for posting and for sending your service tag information.  Apologies if your system is not performing as expected.

In reading your post, I see you have lost your Bitlocker password.  Unfortunately that issue is beyond the scope of support for this team.  Hopefully one of the suggestions by the other Forum members is able to solve your issue.

Please reach out again if you require further assistance.  Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

5 Posts

August 28th, 2019 11:00

Do you think the bit locker would have something to do with not restoring the laptop completely if you did that? I tried to restore my XPS and it just keeps going back to the same blue screen saying that they need to hook up to the Wi-Fi. I’ve been told that it sounds like a hardware issue like a keylogger or something

1.5K Posts

August 28th, 2019 19:00

I think once you activate Bitlocker your disk/SSD is encrypted/locked and restoring a previous image would be impossible. Bitlocker encryption is a very powerful thing it does exactly what it's supposed to do encrypt your data with a password Key, without that key is impossible to access that hard drive/SSD. at least for ordinary people like us.

No Events found!