Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

August 15th, 2018 06:00

Precision M4700 gpu missing after W10 update

Firepro M4000 missing from device manager and bios after Windows update last night. I've tried all the usual things and I'm getting frustrated. Has anyone else had this problem?

• 

17K Posts

August 15th, 2018 06:00

MattW81,

Follow the steps below to resolve the GPU issue with your computer. Click the link to download the drivers. You may want to download the chipset drivers first, reboot and then download the GPU drivers.

Dell M4700 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Other steps to try.

How to Fix GPU not Detecting after Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Enable Your Graphics Card to Fix GPU not Detecting on Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Generally, GPU not detecting or GPU is not recognized error on Windows 10 Anniversary Update indicates that there is something wrong with your graphics driver. GPU not detecting issue can occur when your graphic card stay disabled in Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Win + X to open the Device Manager under Power User Menu.

Step 2. Expand the Display adapters to select your display card, right-click on it.

Step 3. Click the Enable button.

Note: If there is no Enable button, it means the graphics driver is connected already.

Step 4. Reboot your computer.

You can try the steps below as well.
Use Command Prompt to Resolve GPU not Detecting Issue
Command Prompt can also be a fix to resolve GPU not detecting issue on Windows 10 AU. But it is workable only when it is running as the administrator. Below is how:

Step 1. Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
Step 2. Enter bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedisable and then hit Enter to run it.
Step 3. Close Command prompt and then reinstall your graphics drivers.

3 Posts

August 15th, 2018 07:00

Thanks for the quick reply but this is not working either. The discrete gpu is not listed in the device manager, only Intel hd graphics. Can you offer any other suggestions?

3 Posts

August 15th, 2018 17:00

For anyone that might be interested I was able to get it working by unplugging the cmos battery with the main battery and charger removed for several minutes. Then I installed Windows 7. It seems like the latest Windows 10 update is the culprit. Maybe it will get fixed one day.

28 Posts

January 5th, 2021 12:00

Hi.  So disconnecting the CMOS was the only fix?  I have an m4800 with a similar behaviour

No Events found!