Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

February 8th, 2019 21:00

isHighlyActiveTopic

Inspiron 15 7567 - Processor fan failed to respond correctly

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7567 and just recently my laptop gave me this error during its startup. My BIOS is up to date and I have run the diagnostics already, same error pops up. The fans does not work when idle nor when in a game. Does this mean that I need to buy new fans?

My warranty has expired for awhile now.

1 Message

July 5th, 2022 18:00

Problem
I think after continuing the bootup you might be seeing performance issues in your laptop like slowing down and just very bad response time in normal activities and this is because the modern Dell laptops cap the CPU usage if the processor fan is not active to prevent over-heating beforehand and so you will keep on facing the slowdown issue, until you get your processor fan up and running.

Solution
Now, the solution is BIOS related in most cases if not in all. You might notice that whether you have upgraded your BIOS or not, if you have upgraded your BIOS recently, I will recommend downgrading it by at-least 2 versions (just to be in safe spot). And the issue should mostly be solved, in case it is still unsolved, try cleaning all the fan vents.

At last, if nothing works, you should go to the service center for some help.

Do lemme know, if it worked.

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

May 12th, 2023 16:00

Helpful Video:

If this video doesn't help and if still under the purchased warranty, click the "Get Help Now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.

(edited)

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

February 9th, 2019 05:00

Try blowing out the vents with canned air.  If you have run full system diagnostics from F12 and the same error is displayed then you are probably looking at a bad fan. If the fan is not working then I have to assume the system is shutting down as the CPU will overheat.

Dell Spare Parts at 800-357-3355..have your service tag when/if you call.

Or here.

Procedure is found in the online manuals.

You may also use the "Get Help Now" option at the bottom right to chat with a Dell technician right away.

DellRamanS_0-1647532999987.png

2 Posts

February 9th, 2019 09:00

Hello,

I have cleaned the vent and ran the diagnostics, but the issue is still present. I left my laptop off throughout the night and just now, I ran the diagnostics again and the processor fan is working fine. I am still worried that it might be a fluke because I ran the same game again, but the fans are either not running or it is extremely quiet. Usually, the fans would be loud and very hard to miss, however, all I hear is my HDD's fan running. Is this an issue that I should continue to worry about?

EDIT: I ran a 2nd diagnostics test and everything is working properly, including the processor fan.

November 16th, 2019 13:00

I have exactly the same issue on my Inpiron 17-7779 2in1.  Every now and again this fan error screen comes up..

20191116_212139 - Copy.jpg

1 Message

January 5th, 2020 21:00

Having exactly same issue. Fan would either be quite or won't run and Laptop will shutdown due to overheating.

1 Message

February 8th, 2020 15:00

same problem on Inspiron 15 3567, updated the bios and ran the diags, no change.

1 Message

April 14th, 2020 15:00

I have the same problem, it was all from a Windows 10 update, but I've been having the same error for about 1 month, I downloaded the new BIOS update, installed it and to finish the process it sends me to restart, and when doing that The process sends me the screen of processor fan failed to respond correctly, that is, I will never be able to update the bios? urgent help, please, what is the error if it is hardware or software

tengo el mismo problema todo fue de una actualizacion de windows 10, pero ya llevo cerca de 1 mes con el mismo error, descargue la nueva actualizacion de BIOS, la instalé y para finalizar el proceso me manda a reiniciar, y al momento de hacer ese proceso me manda la pantalla de processor fan failed to respond correctly, es decir nunca podre actualizar la bios ? ayuda urgente, por favor a que se debe error si es de hardware o software

1 Message

May 16th, 2020 21:00

I have dell inspiron 15 3567 , and i have same issue , fan not running from 4 AM to 7 AM i dont know why but the other time work fine , i was like this since last week 

4 Posts

May 31st, 2020 22:00

I have an Inspiron 7591 i7, GTX 1050. It was purchased in last November. A week ago, video fan started rattling at random during use and then stopped all of a sudden after rattling. It was less often and the issue didn't persist.

Dell service stations were closed due to the lockdown, so I went for a local technician. I had a guess that fan bearings had fallen apart somehow. He replaced the fan but the issue persisted. I got the original fan replaced back and contacted Dell for about a week.

Did all sorts of troubleshooting. Reinstalled thermal drivers, updated BIOS. Couldn't find any dust issues, neither hardware damages. I looked for all possible cases why fan issues happen. Nothing worked. 

And now, the fan has completely stopped working and 'Fan failed to respond' error by dell Support Assist appears during every boot.

• 

25.1K Posts

May 31st, 2020 22:00

Hello. As discussed with you in private message, our support will be limited in this matter. You may contact paid support team here for further options on repair. ^MP

Helpful video:

July 11th, 2020 03:00

@vedant11  Hey I'm facing the same issue vedant! I updated BIOS, ran epsa, manually opened my laptop and cleaned the dust yet the error is persisting. I can hear the fan running when I use my laptop. I have been suggested to try a windows recovery by a local technician but I think it's a hardware issue!

Please do update me on your situation, I'm confused on what to do!

272 Posts

July 11th, 2020 04:00

Check the air vents on the PC for dust or debris. Refer to the User Manual of your Dell PC. Use a can of compressed air to remove dust or debris from the air vents, dust filters (if any), and cooling fan fins.

Caution: It is recommended to use a can of compressed air only.

2 Posts

July 31st, 2020 13:00

I have the same error. Did you fix the fan already? How?

August 5th, 2020 00:00

Hey! I fixed mine!
I uninstalled any heavy softwares I didn't need, updated my BIOS, and cleaned it of as much useless stuff I didn't need. I also opened it and cleaned the fan with a makeup brush ( and dusted down the other components).
Now I prop my laptop up on 2 tins so that air can free flow!
Good luck!

No Events found!