Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

October 17th, 2021 15:00

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Is Disconnected From Network

Hi.

In the past two weeks or so, my Wi-Fi has been repeatedly cutting off, indicating to me that I am not connected and that no connections are available. In the past few days, the issue has become progressively more and more common.

Looking into the Event Viewer, every time there is a disconnection the message "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Is Disconnected From Network" appears in the viewer. 

A hard shutdown fixes the problem occasionally and for random amounts of time, but without fail the message will return eventually and my WiFi connection will be severed. However, the fact that it does work after a shutdown makes me think this is most likely a software issue, not a hardware one.

I have updated the driver to the latest version from the Realtek site, disallowed the computer from shutting down the driver to conserve energy, disabled Green Ethernet/Energy Efficient Ethernet and Auto Disable Gigabit, but the problem persists. Device Manager insists the device is working properly, so I'm at a loss as to what is going on. 

The only reliable way to receive internet on the affected laptop has become a direct connection to the router via an Ethernet cable.

The affected device is a Dell Inspiron 17 7737, i5 CPU @ 1.70Ghz, 1 TB of storage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

October 17th, 2021 17:00

This web page may help. Also in Device Manager under the Network Adapter properties, make sure the box (allow the computer to turn off the device) is not checked

October 17th, 2021 20:00

Already did everything in your reply, as I said in my original post.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 29th, 2021 15:00

Fixed failure by installing direct here

Realtek PCI GBE Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK

September 29th, 2023 02:34

Did you solve this problem? I'm having the same issue

1 Message

November 12th, 2023 16:35

Same problem.  Running Windows 11.  Did not find a driver or W11 on the Realtek web site.

No Events found!