Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

9 Posts

May 10th, 2018 20:00

Slow to wake up after sleep mode (Inspiron 5759)

Recently my Inspiron 5759 has been very slow to wake-up after sleep. I even inter the PIN, and wait, and wait, and then have to enter the PIN again. I have kept my drivers updated, including the BIOS. As far as I can tell, this problem started after the Windows 10 1709 update. Any suggestions?

• 

16.7K Posts

May 11th, 2018 05:00

burus,

Click the link below to try the information listed for resolving the sleep issue.

Computer Does Not Wake Up or Resume from Suspend/Hibernate Mode

9 Posts

May 11th, 2018 10:00

Jesse, appreciate the suggestion but it addresses the wrong issue. The Inspiron does in fact wake-up from sleep mode. It just takes 5 minutes to do so, and I have to enter my PIN 3 times! All my drivers are up-to-date. BIOS is the latest. These steps haven't changed a thing.

This is what I have found out. It has to do with live internet connections going on at the time the computer goes into sleep mode. When Google Chrome and Firefox, both running gmail accounts, are active at time of sleeping, it takes the 5 min. and 3x PIN to get it to wake-up. When just Firefox is running, the time is cut in half and I only have to enter the PIN 2x. With no browser running, the wake-up is great. Less than 30 seconds and I only enter the PIN one time. The same goes with running any program that is actively writing to the cloud. Slow waking up and 2x with PIN is the norm. Same program running "off-line", no problems. I then disconnected the Wifi connection, and put the machine to sleep. Again, no problems in waking it up. Less than 30 seconds. So, what's the solution?

9 Posts

May 14th, 2018 08:00

I thought I had a solution. It hasn't panned out. After getting the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (1803), the wake-up problem disappeared for several weeks. Now, it's back!

I re-set Windows. The wake-up issues disappeared again, but after a few hours of being connected to the internet, the issue came  back. I tried this several times. Done with that. As an ad-hoc workaround, I have turned off "sleep" entirely, and set the laptop to hibernate instead.

1 Message

June 30th, 2018 05:00

I have an Inspiron 2350 (and Windows 10/1803) and have the same issue. It takes a while to wake up from sleep. I have switched off hibernation and designated to NEVER turn off disks. None of it works. Any help with this matter would be appreciated.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2020 13:00

I found a solution for mine taking up to 5 minutes to wake from a sleep.

In the Advanced Setting of the Power config turn theses options:

Intel CPPC Energy Efficiency Settings:
-Enable Energy Efficient Optimisation ---> Disable
-Enable Efficiency Aggressiveness --> 0%

Now I have Instant wake up

4 Posts

June 1st, 2021 19:00

And this is found where exactly? I went into Advanced options and don't see this.

No Events found!