Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

2 Posts

October 10th, 2018 15:00

Spinning circle, won't start up

Hi,

I woke up to my Inspiron 15 3565 laptop this morning with an infinitely spinning circle on a black screen.

I tried hard pressing the power button to restart a few times, which brought up the Support Assist screen which found no problems but it still won't start. I don't seem to be able to find a safe mode startup option while pressing F12 so I don't know what to do.

I have googled for solutions but the posts I read refer to the Recovery screen which doesn't come up on my laptop? Instead I keep getting the Dell SupportAssist.

Can anyone please help.

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

August 4th, 2023 22:00

Helpful video: 

(edited)

9.4K Posts

October 11th, 2018 04:00

Hi Timtam11,

Thanks for posting. Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Have you tried resetting the computer?  Please remove everything plugged into the computer, remove the battery, then press the power button, hold it for 15-30 seconds, replace the battery, then see if it will boot.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Computer will not boot to Windows 10

My computer Won't Boot to Windows 10

and a few short videos:

How to Fix a Computer that Won't Boot Up

How to Fix a Boot Up Problem

If you need additional assistance, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

2 Posts

October 11th, 2018 05:00

Thank you Robert, I tried resetting the PC, as well as some of the solutions in your list, to no avail. I ended up contacting support and they have decided on a replacement HDD and a clean install of the OS for me. It's a bit of a bummer to lose data (none that's crucial though) and to have to set up the system again but as long as they fix it for me I guess...

Thank you for your assistance :-)

Timtam11

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

October 11th, 2018 09:00

@Timtam11 wrote:

Thank you Robert, I tried resetting the PC, as well as some of the solutions in your list, to no avail. I ended up contacting support and they have decided on a replacement HDD and a clean install of the OS for me. It's a bit of a bummer to lose data (none that's crucial though) and to have to set up the system again but as long as they fix it for me I guess...

Thank you for your assistance :-)

Timtam11

Always. Always. Always. Back up your hard drive.

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

March 14th, 2021 18:00

I had a similar issues and I found what the drive was defectives, he has bad sector right on critical system files.

No Events found!