Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

77 Posts

December 3rd, 2021 14:00

Tiny font on bootup

It seems that whenever I boot up any kind if image on my Inspiron, the subsequent messages all appear in a tiny font.  I have a guess as to what is happening: the font is the highest resolution font on my Inspiron and so it becomes the default font on bootup. Is there anything I can do  about it?

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

December 4th, 2021 01:00

You can try going:

Display Properties>Settings>Advanced Button>and on the general tab there should be a Font Size or DPI setting, where you can change it from like 96 which is default to 120 which is considered large.

Likewise if something isn't taking up the full size of the screen even when maximized (your desktop wallpaper for example)  try  Fn + F7 .  It will generally emulate most windows to be full screen size.  *thats different then pushing minimize and maximize buttons*

77 Posts

December 4th, 2021 13:00

My problem is with the font in bootup.  There is no way that anything in a running system can fix it, because at the time the problem occurs, the system isn't running yet. The fix probably should be something in the BIOS.

Does anyone know how the font on bootup is determined? Is there any carryover from one bootup to the next?

No Events found!