Inspiron

Last reply by 11-04-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Touchpad is not working properly, freezing and stuck while working

I have purchased Dell inspiron 15 3511 laptop before 3 months ago. It is not working properly even it has 8 GB RAM. Also I am facing issue of touchpad that not working properly and stuck and freezing. Touchpad is freezing and not giving any response. When I try to operate system by using mouse, it also has same issue. Support team told only to do what they given some steps or tests. But of no use of that. The amount I have paid to buy this laptop is totally waste. After getting such bad experience I don't want to buy Dell products never ever my life. Till date I have not got solution of touchpad issue

Worst performance ever I have seen.

Replies (4)
5 Rhenium

Here is information from the Dell Knowledge base you may find helpful:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

and a short video:

How to Fix Touchpad Problems on a Laptop

You can also run Dell SupportAssist to detect any hardware issues.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  Thanks.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

<Profanity removed. TOS64>

My point in my reply was, thanks for the above tips, but none of them solve the issue. Something is wrong with the Laptop itself, or the updates that cause the issue, which explains, 1) why the first time my touchpad stopped working and then, began to work after an update, but 2) not why the touchpad stopped again, unless there is a missing update, and 3) why an external mouse does work but not the laptop's touchpad.......

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

I  have had 5 touchpad failures within a year. Dell replaced my laptop with a refurbished model after waiting over 4 weeks for a second new touchpad replacement they kept backordering. The touchpad on the refurbished model failed and was replaced only a few weeks later. The 5th touchpad has just failed after three weeks and again they have backordered the replacement pad. The last technician that replaced the part told me he has many service calls for this same issue. Soon the warranty is going to run out and Dell is just running out the clock until that time. Then I will be stuck paying for more touchpad replacements. This is the worst laptop and service I have ever had (and I've had many computers).

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor