Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

2 Posts

February 25th, 2020 09:00

Unable to access boot menu

Hi all... I having Dell Inspiron N5010.... Couple of days back I wanted to move from Windows to Ubuntu ... So I boot using the pendrive and removed the windows operating system ...now when I restarted the system,  I'm not able to access the boot menu (tried with both Ubuntu and windows OS pendrive ). Whenever I restart the system, it will be stuck at the logo screen... When I press F2 or F12, respective option will be highlighted but nothing will be shown... It will be stuck at logo screen only.... I even tried letting battery drain think low battery alert will give an option to enter into BIOS but low battery alert is also not shown.... Now I have system without any operating system and not able to enter into the boot menu..... Is there any solution that can get me out of this situation..... Thanks in advance

1.5K Posts

February 25th, 2020 13:00

after pressing the start button hit F12 you should get a one-time boot menu. Your system is probably set up in UEFI  mode so you'll need to boot UEFI USB or whatever boot media you want to use.

2 Posts

February 25th, 2020 21:00

Hi... Thanks for the response. I tried pressing F12.... It didnt work. Just Highlights the option as selected but doesnt open the BIOS settings. Regarding UEFI mode what you mentioned, earlier I was able to boot using the USBs but now it is not working. 

1.5K Posts

February 27th, 2020 10:00

F2 should get you into the BIOS

No Events found!