Unsolved

P

4 Posts

December 10th, 2022 21:00

Wifi keeps disconnecting after recent Windows 11, 22H2 update

Dell G3 15 3500

Dell G3 15 3500

Hi Team

Ever since I updated to the Windows 11, 22H2 update back in September 22 my WiFi has been disconnecting randomly and also when I start my laptop up it takes ages to try get a connection (after I keep needing to connect and reconnect). Before the update it was instant connection I have automatic connection on but it doesn't auto connect.

I have tried the following:

• Forget and Reconnect to WiFi Network

• Ensured Enable WLAN Auto Config Service was done

• Update WIFI drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers

• Reset network adapters

• and other suggestions

However the only thing I can come back to is this update and that I think I might need to go back to the version before 22H2. But I cannot roll back so would have to a clean install in which I will prob lose all my things which I dont really want to do.

Has any one had any luck fixing this issue as I do see a lot of people have been having WIFI issues since this update?

I also noticed the below in the Events Viewer for the Wifi that on the same day I did the update to the new version I had this error on the Wifi - does anyone know what this means?

Untitled.png

and this also showed up today - unsure what this means either and if this is the cause of the issue

Screenshot 2022-12-11 181503.png

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 10th, 2022 23:00

It may not make much difference, but do you know which Wi-Fi adapter your system is using?  There seems to be a choice of several different ones and even the download site has two different versions of drivers available.

If you do not know, open the Device Manager and select Network Adapters and it should show the version.

Today, Windows offered a new Intel driver for my devices, which may not be the same as yours, but they were 22.180.x.x.

Some errors may show up in the Event Viewer from time to time.  Unless they happen frequently, they may not be relevant.  If you look at the graph created by the command below when used in a run box, you may see a pattern of errors.

perfmon /rel

63 Posts

December 11th, 2022 02:00

Try a reinstall of windows 11, i had something similar happen and this fixed it.

4 Posts

December 11th, 2022 23:00

Hi Saltgrass,

Below is my wi-fi adapter - I checked Dell site and Window but seems that this is the lasted driver for my Laptop

Possom221_0-1670828817329.png

4 Posts

December 11th, 2022 23:00

This is my last resort - as I don't want to lose all my games - as I won't be able to download back again if I do this and it does not fix my Wifi issue :(.

591 Posts

December 12th, 2022 04:00

Hello,

Open a command prompt as administrator and type sfc /scannow this operation can take a while if you have allot of damaged system files wait until it is completed after that reboot and pray your wifi is working again.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

December 20th, 2022 00:00

You can resolve this problem swiftly by flushing your current DNS. Corrupted / Incompatible Network adapter driver – As it turns out, another potential cause that might cause these random WiFi disconnects is a partially incompatible or corrupted network adapter driver.

No Events found!