i have a Inspiron 15 using windows 10 and the wifi drops out, then you can’t find the wifi network at all. Then after a while it pops back up and reconnects.
Its not my router as my partner has a Mac book beside me and it doesn’t lose internet.
The problem has happen 5 times now.
I have troubleshooted it and it doesn’t seem to fix it
Change the settings below for resolving the wifi disconnects.
Step 1: Change the power management
1) Right-click your WiFi icon at the bottom right corner of your PC desktop and click Open Network and Sharing Center.
2) Click Change adapter settings.
3) Right-click your WiFi adapter and click Properties.
4) Click Configure.
5) Go to the Power Management tab. Untick the box for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK.
Step 2: Reset the Wi-Fi AutoConfig service
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time. Type services.msc and press Enter.
2) Highlight WLAN AutoConfig. Double-click it.
3) Change the Startup type to Automatic.
4) Click Apply and OK to save and exit.
For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.