Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

2 Posts

February 17th, 2020 13:00

Wireless & Bluetooth - spotty connection on Inspiron laptop

Hi! I have had an Inspiron 15 (3558) for the past 3.5 years at my business. The past several weeks it has been spontaneously dropping off our internet connection. I know it is the computer and not the internet as our other laptop (an HP) that sits right next to it at our front desk stays totally connected (as do all our other wifi devices). 

Also, around the same time the Bluetooth on the computer has become very spotty/barely working. I got a new set of bluetooth speakers and when connecting them to the Dell laptop and playing music through them the music constantly cuts in and out every other second. I thought it was the new speakers but they connect and play perfectly fine with the HP laptop. 

Are the Bluetooth and wireless connectivity both controlled by the wireless card and maybe I just need to try replacing the wireless card? Or maybe need to reinstall wireless divers? (I haven't done any new system updates recently - aside from what may have happened automatically that I don't even know about). I am running Windows 10. Thanks! 

2 Intern

• 

1.5K Posts

February 17th, 2020 13:00

Yes, you could try reinstalling drivers use the ones from Dell Support.

With both wi - fo and BT having the same issue, I think after reinstalling drivers if that doesn't work I would pull the Wi-Fi BT card and reinstall it and try again. If that doesn't fix it replace the card. They're cheap and easy to replace. 

To get this information you need to log on to support, enter your model number and most importantly Enter your Service Tag Number. 

That will open all the hardware information on your Particular notebook, You should download and read your Service Manual there you will find out how to open your notebook and show you where your WiFi BT card is located

February 18th, 2020 08:00

Thank you!!

No Events found!