Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

November 11th, 2019 21:00

ePSA Pre-Boot system Assessment keeps restarting even though everything passed

Hi,

My laptop keeps restarting with ePSA Pre-Boot system Assessment. I would continue running through all the required tests (short & thorough test mode) and it would all pass. I'd then Exit test mode to reboot/restart the computer. Then the laptop would attempt to restart but it would return back to the ePSA Pre-Boot system Assessment. I've passed the test over 10 times. 

I've also ran the test without the battery while keeping the laptop plugged in. Everything passed again (minus the removed battery). Upon passing, I'd Exit the test to reboot. Within seconds, the ePSA Pre-Boot system Assessment would run again. I've done this about 3-4 times now with same results. 

I need to download the new BIOS but the laptop doesn't allow me to get passed through the ePSA Pre-Boot system Assessment to log in and get online. Any advice to bypass the never-ending ePSA Pre-Boot system Assessment?

2 Posts

November 12th, 2019 22:00

Update: I figured out how to avoid going through the epsa pre-boot system assessment. After restarting and before any test loads, by pressing F12, it led me to other configuration options. I configured it so that it doesn't automatically jump to epsa pre-boot. I also set it up so that I can reboot with a USB stick instead. I've created a bootable USB for Windows 10 from Microsoft.com and am testing out to see if this will work. 

If anyone happens to have any advice based on experience, I'm all ears/eyes. Greatly appreciated.

No Events found!