Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

December 9th, 2019 11:00

hard disk issue repeated 3 time in one year

Hello Sir,

I’m Sureshbabu dell customer, after long struggle with your dell support and escalation team, I’m writing this email under frustration to you sir.

I was not that much educated sir, if any understanding issue while reading this email you can contact to my number sir, I bought dell laptop through online last year OCT 2018, my 1st  issue started in the month of April 2019 suddenly my laptop stopped working so I contact dell customer support team they guide me and found that hard disk issue so they arranged for hard disk replacement, first I really appreciated the response but with in 3 month again the same issue occurred in the month of August 2019, support team again arranged for hard disk replacement, and now my warranty expired last month again 3rd  time the hard disk has been failed 2 weeks back.

Now I’m in out of warranty sir, my question is simple sir is that dell laptop need new hard disk for every 3 month, I hope the product properly done QC and then only coming to market for sale still on exceptional scenario I can accept if once the hard disk has been failed but this is 3rd time I’m facing the same issue within a year sir, I feel the team is not ready to diagnose the issue properly at first instance they are giving temporary solution, also the service engineer who attended on my second time hard disk replacement informed me to change the laptop that this laptop has issue with design and it will crack the hard disk again, as like he said it happened now, why dell is not getting suggestion or feedback from the service engineer, in that case my issue has been addressed in different way, not just replacing the hard disk.

Sir I’m from very poor background, my job is to stitch the marriage bags that’s my business, per bag i use get only 0.50-0.60 paisa sir, my hard earned money I invested to buy this laptop on EMI option , last month only my EMI completed. Not much I have used the laptop sir only Excel and Word, also for my part-time study purpose I bought this laptop if you have any doubt you can check the laptop sir not even a single application I downloaded  but so far all my personal data’s where lost on every hard disk failure, I totally fed-up.

Now laptop dead and my saving amount(30K) invested is wasted, again the team asking me to replace the hard disk for that I need to pay, how many times I need to do this sir they are not understanding the issue .

Laptop Details:

Model: Inspiron 15

Service Tag: 

Express Service Code: 

For reference I have attached all the ticket details raised on every time, please address this issue sir if still nothing going to change then dell team will be sole responsible if anything happen to me, I’m totally upset by taking wrong decision of buying dell laptop.

Regards,

Sureshbabu

1.5K Posts

December 9th, 2019 12:00

Well since your warranty has expired I suggest you purchase a 2.5 SATA SSD, that should solve your issue of the hard drives failing. While hard drive has moving parts SSD does not and rarely ever fail. I have SSD from 2012 that are still working perfectly. Not sure why your hard drives are failing but it not that unusual for Spinner hard drives to fail in a notebook.https://www.dell.com/support/article/il/en/ilbsdt1/sln297920/reset-or-reinstall-windows-10-on-your-dell-computer?lang=en

For Windows 10

https://www.dell.com/support/article/is/en/isdhs1/sln130027/factory-reset-restore-or-reinstall-microsoft-windows-on-a-dell-computer?lang=en

It's up to you to have created backups of your Data this is needed for many reasons

For Windows 7 or 8, 8.1

No Events found!