Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 19th, 2018 08:00

missing Dell audio

So ever since I got the Inspiron 15 7567, the external microphone with my headset is not detected. This is the same problem I had with my previous laptop, the Inspiron 13 7000, but it was a simple fix with just the changing of a few settings in Dell audio. However, when I attempted to do the same on the 7567 I could not find Dell audio. I've checked the toolbar, control panel and when I search Dell audio in my pc it comes up with nothing, despite this the Dell website says that all my drivers and systems are up to date. Anyone think they can help me out on how to fix this?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

October 20th, 2018 06:00

Look in Control Panel and see if you have Realtek HD Audio Manager. If you do not see it there then browse to the following locatiion. This PC, Local Disk (C usually), Program Files, Realtek, Audio, HDA. Then click on RtkNGUI64.exe. That is the Realtek audio manager. Not sure if that will open on your system. But that is the audio manager.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

October 19th, 2018 08:00

Try this. Right click on the speaker icon on the task bar. Choose open sound settings. Now go to Input and make sure that your external microphone is selected and not your laptop microphone. And for your model the driver is on the Dell support web site but Dell Audio is no longer offered.

4 Posts

October 20th, 2018 04:00

Unfortunately, this is not the case. The only option is to use "microphone (Realtek audio)". I had used Dell audio to change the setting that determined if plugging in a headset would give me the option to set it as "Headset (with microphone)", rather than the laptop only using it as an audio out device.

4 Posts

October 21st, 2018 11:00

Ok, so I found the program you were talking about, ran a few installs and it didn't launch. Although for some reason my headset sounds so good after I did these installs, and then like magic, my problem was solved. My microphone works great, I really appreciate the help, thank you.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

July 22nd, 2019 16:00

Glad to help out!

1 Message

May 27th, 2020 02:00

thnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Message

August 21st, 2020 05:00

This method worked. Thank You. (And, if the icon isn't visible in the notification area, check and uncheck the "Show in Notification Bar (or something else like that)")

1 Message

August 30th, 2020 01:00

Thanks,

I opened that RtkNGUI64.exe and my headphone is detected again.

Also, this program is indeed the 'Realtek HD audio manager', which I have disabled before to speed up booting process without realising the after effect.

1 Message

July 28th, 2021 21:00

the program files thing worked for me but unfortunately i downloaded a audio driver on accident and it took away my dell audio manager. is there a download file i can download to get it back???? 

July 29th, 2021 14:00

sorry this is a little off-topic, but JOcean, your sig says you work with an Inspiron 15 5575, which is what I'm trying to fix. Can you please tell me which audio driver you're using?

7 Posts

November 2nd, 2021 07:00

THE PROBLEM WITH MINE IS THERE IS NO REALTEK FOLDER IN MY PROGRAM FILES . PLZ GIVE A LINK TO THAT DRIVER..

4 Posts

November 19th, 2021 23:00

I've tried everything I can think of but I can't get it to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my Realtek Drivers multiple times, even trying older versions... In the Device Manager it never shows up as "Realtek High Definition Audio", it only shows up as "Realtek Audio". I can access Waves MaxxAudio Pro however, Realtek HD Audio Manager does not open. I can access the file location and open the application but nothing shows up. It says it's running in the expanded Task Manager however I cannot access it. Is this just something to do with the Dell Inspiron 7567? I've had this problem two other times in the past but I can't remember how I fixed it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

December 14th, 2021 13:00

Have you tried both the Dell drivers here, and the Realtek drivers here. The drivers are quirky to install deepening on the version. You may find that you have to restart the system a number of times when prompted to do so before the drivers are installed.

219 Posts

December 14th, 2021 20:00

though the Realtek HD Audio drivers available from Realtek's web site have not been updated since late July 2017 (latest available from the Realtek site is R2.82 released 7/26/2017) and Dell has already gotten much newer audio driver versions for some of their laptops

4 Posts

December 15th, 2021 08:00

I ended up finding an old driver… something like Realtek(R) audio driver and it seemed to fix my problem.

No Events found!