Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 1st, 2017 07:00

CEE FIREWALL PORTS for Isilon

The Isilon uses port 1228 to talk to the CEE client (running on windows in our setup).

But what ports are needed for the windows CEE client to talk to an agent (in our case Data advantage)?

In looking at our firewall , it tries port 135?  is that the only port needed  or do I need to open more.

Thanks

Bob

34 Posts

June 6th, 2017 13:00

Hello,

Are you talking about using the EMC CEE software? If so, look in your Isilon admin GUI Guide under the Audit section for the version of OneFS you have on your cluster and you should see the poorts used for the EMC CEE client.

June 7th, 2017 05:00

So I have the port (12228) frm thje isilon to the CEE server, but then the CEE server sends the data on to Varonis. (in our case).

From Varonis I got this info:

"As you confirmed, port 135 is used for the initial call to the CEE/CEPA server.

From there, any one of the ports within the standard dynamic port range is utilized. I may have mentioned before that I can't speak to why any particular port is selected from that range, but it will always be between 49152 and 65535. In this case we see that the port used is just a bit higher than the low-end of the range."

No Events found!