Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 28th, 2013 06:00

HTTP download Problem

Hi,

One of our cluster need to be enable HTTP to download some files upon user access. Almost all files written to directory with same single AD user over SMB. There is various users need to access files (read, download) over HTTP. But Apache Daemon couldn't browse directories or serve files with complete url.

Onefs's apache use "daemon" user and group to access files as far as i know. So if i chown files and directories to daemon:daemon user and group settings, these files are listing in HTTP requests, but even i copy another file to same directory (with AD user) it couldn't listed over HTTP.

I have tried to set permissions to "Others" as "Read" over File System Explorer but didn't helped.

In OneFS 5.5 there is an option to "Force Group" so i can set "daemon" and this is works for HTTP requests but here is no such option on 7.0.

Cluster Info;

- v7.0.1.8

- Using AD for auth

122 Posts

February 9th, 2015 06:00

Hello,

You can set permission on a test folder as required and  run a permission repair job on production folder making a template from test folder and permission will be changed on all files and folders on production folder.

Thanks

28 Posts

February 9th, 2015 05:00

While using "Active Directory Authentication" mode "Off" on http; solution could be leave all other permissions as is and add following permissions for deamon

#chmod -R +a group daemon allow dir_gen_read,dir_gen_execute,container_inherit,object_inherit .

No Events found!