This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2013 07:00

Managing /ifs access-cifs & nfs

Environment:

NL400 - 3 nodes

OneFS v7.0.2

Providers: AD, Local, File

Balanced environment

Very new to Isilon and have read through the 7.0.2 admin guide, read numerous forum discussions as well as quite a few white papers including the Multiprotocol doc.  I have no users on the cluster yet, so just testing here.

I would like to know what's the best practice for configuring permissions, both cifs shares & nfs exports, at the ifs and next level directories.  The doc didn't touch on how to handle the ifs folder and its permissions.  It seems by default, Everyone can access ifs.  I would like to lock CIFS shares down to "Domain Admins" for AD admins (me and a couple others), and a root-based group (again me and different group) for NFS.

What's the best practice for controlling permissions and inheritance at the top-level /ifs and secondary level shares and exports?

jwoo

1 Message

November 11th, 2013 15:00

Go to SMB Shares under Protocol,  view details for /ifs and remove everyone, add the domain admins or administrator user and change setting allow root log in to NO

This will make your /ifs directory safe.

Thanks

Venkat

2 Intern

• 

2.8K Posts

December 20th, 2013 06:00

Hi jwoo,

There are some best-practices recommendations for optimizing directory security and management in the document as below, I hope it's helpful for you.

Best Practice.png

No Events found!