Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2013 05:00

Sudoers Log - How to turn it on

Hey,

I am required to log these events.  Has anyone managed to turn this type of event on to be logged?  If so, please share how to turn logging on for sudoers.  I figure this is where the active syslog.conf file is, but I don't see where sudo is or could be being logged to.   /etc/mcp/templates/syslog.conf 

Running: OneFS 7.0.1.4 & 7.0.2.1

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_HowTo?id=kA0700000004JsM

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

November 15th, 2013 16:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Isilon Support Forum".

Isilon Support Forum

2 Intern

• 

356 Posts

November 18th, 2013 04:00

Ok I moved it.  Thank you.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

November 18th, 2013 21:00

we use sudo and let it go to default /var/log/syslog (or messages ..can't remember from top of my head)

2 Intern

• 

356 Posts

November 26th, 2013 03:00

My question to that reply is.  How did you configure that?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

November 26th, 2013 06:00

i did not do anything special, visudo  , added (admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL) because i wanted to give admin account full control (we gave that account to Isilon support to be used with SupportIQ). That's it ..now i just grep in /var/log/message for "sudo" and see what's going on.

No Events found!