Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2017 17:00

13" Inspiron 7359 2 in 1 display

2 days ago my laptop Dell Assistant warned me that I have to install some updates including one for video which I did. Today the display started acting crazy. When coming out from an sleep grey vertical lines on the whole screen appears and mouse shows up as grey square. There is flickering on the top of the screen too. It is the second time today and I'm afraid that the problem stays. Its strange that this is the second Dell laptop that I have bought and after one year -when the warranty is expired- the display goes bad. I called dell support. They guided me to do a hardware check. They said everything on the hardware side is OK but if I want them to check for the software I have to pay them or buy extended warranty from dell. 

I found online that other people have the same problem with the same model. Very disappointing. I've had tons of laptops so far, but none of the except the dell ones made any problem even after 5 years.  

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 31st, 2017 17:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming windows 10 is on the system.....

Please type Device Manager onto the [Cortana] search box, stroll down to Display Adapters(Video) and expand it. Right click Intel HD Graphic driver, select Properties, Driver and click Roll Back Driver.  

Dell Inspiron 3048 windows 10: 

2 Posts

January 2nd, 2018 20:00

I can't. As you can see from the picture you sent the Roll Back Driver button is not active.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2018 05:00

I'd suggest updating the System Setup(BIOS). Please follow the steps in link below to safety install latest BIOS version.

How to Update BIOS (Official Dell Tech Support) - YouTube

No Events found!