Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2014 08:00

1D3B Bios password reset?

After searching the web for hours, I keep on coming back to Dell Support.

My warranty is expired, but I really need help unlocking my Dell laptop (E5420).

For some weird reason my fingerprint scanner doesn't recognize my prints anymore and i can not remember the bios password. (Set it over 18 months ago and never needed to use it anymore...)

Seems to be a real problem to unlock Dell bios on laptops with servicetag ending with 1D3B.

Anybody any idea? Every bit of help would be greatly appreciated, I need my laptop for work and can't afford to buy a new one, I'm in a real bad situation with this problem, if I can't work, I can't make any money, and without money, I can't buy a new laptop or unlock this one. All the sites that claim they can do it, want to be paid a decent amount of money, it's $ 50,- and upwards....

So, plz? Any help or suggestion would be great!

Thanks in advance, Thomash76

5 Posts

November 27th, 2015 22:00

i also try official support from dell for bios password , because of i am using used computer , dell does not support me and leave us alone with third party bios password crackers , as you mentioned we need to pay around 50 usd. 

This is really annoying

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 28th, 2015 04:00

Systems purchased used that are locked with passwords should be reported to the seller with an ultimatum -- either provide the password or take the system back and provide a refund.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 28th, 2015 05:00

It's up to the used buyer to arrange the transfer of ownership - not Dell.  If you can contact the registered owner, have them initiate the ownership transfer.

Once that's done, you can call for the password reset (the call will not be free of charge, however - there is a support call charge for all support post-warranty, as there is with every computer manufacturer).

5 Posts

November 28th, 2015 05:00

i didnt check bios because computer is working well. I mean , i did not need to check bios . But unfortunetly , there is password. This is not second hand. When i check , i see computer is bought on france. I am from Turkey. It looks like this computer is changed many hand until i got it. 

ı really need dell's support as a used computer user. There is no way i can reach the first owner of computer. 

Dell has chance to ask first owner if he/she sold this computer. This way this process can be verified. There is not way i can find who is first owner. It looks the only solution for bypass bios password is paying third party services around 50 dollar. 

I hope Dell help us on this point. I will wait a customer support team member help us. I will still try to solve this problem by asking help from Dell.

No Events found!