Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 21st, 2012 01:00

6. M65 Precision Mobile Workstation (Laptop) Owner's Thread

Thought we could accumulate some data on the M65 laptop here.

First, here is some info starting on page 2 of this thread over in the XPS area:

http://en.community.dell.com/owners-club/xps/f/3681/t/19363038.aspx?PageIndex=2

I'll try to eventually move the important data from there to here. I think we have all moved on from XP by now.

RAM Expansion:

I upgraded from 2gb to 4gb. Win7-64 sees 4gb, but says only 3.25gb usable. After some Internet research, seems its a problem with most Intel 945 based laptops (including Lenovos and HPs). Still, an extra 1.25 gb is better than nothing (over 50% increase is still good). Even though the Quadro FX-350m has dedicated memory, I think it also takes some shared system memory. I wonder if that can account for the missing 0.75gb ... or is it just the 32bit limitation thing.

It was pretty cheap at Crucial ($75) CT524379 4GB kit (2GBx2), 200-pin SODIMM Upgrade for a Dell Precision M65 System

Trusted Platform Module:

LaidBackTokyo says:

yes my Broadcom TPM (A2), v1.2 is activated in bios and woks fine with z native MS Win7 driver. i use it. partly. UPEK fingerprint module only.

since there is no good Wave Corp Embassy Suite software 4 use with Win7 x64 and compatible with TPM v1.2 (or at least wasn't a year & half ago) i use it with UPEK Protector Suite 2009 and everything works fine.

nVidia Quadro FX 350m video driver:

This nVidia Quadro FX 350m video driver (v7.15.11.7967 - March 2009) works in:

Windows 7
Windows 8 Consumer Preview
Windows 8 Release Preview (6-2012)
Windows 8 (Final RTM)

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=fx%20350m

I think WindowsUpdate offers this same driver in Windows 7. However, if you are installing 7-Pro, the generic driver will load on clean install. You have to go into System/Hardware/Device Install Settings and allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate. Then WU will offer it, or you can update driver from DeviceManager. In Windows 8 you have to install it manually. I only tested the 64bit driver in Win8, and it works fine.

The Windows driver ID for the 32-bit driver is 20254023 (68.6 MB download). The Windows driver ID for the 64-bit driver is 20254024 (87.5 MB download).

Windows 7 Pro 64 (Clean Install):

Clean install.
Go into System/Hardware/Device Install Settings and allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate.
Update FingerPrint Reader driver from WindowsUpdate
Update  nVidia Quadro FX 350m video driver from WindowsUpdate
Update "O2Micro OZ776 USB CCID Smartcard Reader" from WindowsUpdate

No other drivers seem to be required (Modem, Ethernet, WiFi, Card Readers, etc. all seem to be working)

Dell Rockstar

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Mark as Accepted Answer" on any post that answers your question best.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 21st, 2012 01:00

Windows 8 (64 bit) Preview:

Clean install.

Go into System/Hardware/Device Install Settings and allow drivers to download from WindowsUpdate.
Update FingerPrint Reader driver from WindowsUpdate (if it didn't already load)
Manually install nVidia Quadro FX 350m video driver  (v7.15.11.7967)

No other drivers seem to be required (Modem, Ethernet, WiFi, Card Readers, etc. all seem to be working)

If Dual/Tri Booting:

Win-8 must be installed after XP, Vista or Win-7 if you also want those on your machine. I suggest installing each to their own partition.

After full install, run Easy-BCD, and put things back to normal (I like Win-7 to be default) . Remove the new Win-8 boot-screen selector (that assumes you have a touch-screen and touch-enables Dual-Booting).

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 21st, 2012 02:00

howdy Tesla1856,

oops... sorry I might missed something... why we did get back to nVidia driver for Quadro FX 350M?

that old generic driver 179.67 of nVidia via MS that you mentioned looked very nice at z moment of Win7 sp1 x64 fresh install but later I got z problem of screen crash while start of Corel WinDVD 11 and was forced 2 upgrade 2 a later stuff v8.17.12.5947(259.47) as also released by MS... but again I got z damn and absolutely fuzzy & random complete freeze of Win7 w/o any BSOD or errors in log especially while long idle although i can't state here that z video driver was z  root of these problems...

anyhow a few days ago I've managed to upgrade video driver to z latest NVIDIA Quadro 296.35 WHQL dated of Apr. 3, 2012... it works just fine.

sorry but to install this nVidia driver onto FX350M by Dell you need a minor mod of INF file to insert hardware ID >> PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01DC&SUBSYS_01C81028.

if u r interested I can email this inf file 2 u or upload it 2 somewhere. it's same small as z original one of some 330KB...

as for setup package itself so it can be downloaded from nVidia...

anyhow pls prompt if u need z modded inf file.

c ya then,

Yes, the driver I have been using is old, but:
1. Seems to be last official 64bit one (from Microsoft anyway)
2. Posted on WindowsUpdate for this DeviceID
3. I haven't experienced any problems with it yet

... however, my application environment on this machine is very "clean" so I don't run a large variety of apps on it. Plus, I just reinstalled my Win7-64, so I'm building it back up again. I haven't tested any full-featured DVD or Blu-Ray playback apps on it yet. I usually just use MC7 or VLC.

I am very interested in the latest "official" 64bit driver for this card. I just need a good working one ... that works with everything. I'd rather not have to do a lot of testing to make sure it works with everything.

July 1st, 2012 05:00

howdy TESLA1856,

well... i suppose a choice of FX350M driver to use as a sole matter of user convenience... although it would be not so smart of you to expect any new 'official' driver from nVidia for this surely unlucky video chip with code name G72GLM.

i'm sure that you should expect nothing from nVidia except a hahahahahaha kind notice of something like 'pls contact Dell for driver update'.

on the other hand z next chip born as fx360m is pretty much similar but here nVidia officially provides driver updates on regular basis... so i assume that in my case that enforced modding of z driver installation package is not a hacking or any rights violation but a simple attempt to protect myself from the absolute lack of support from both Dell or nVidia for this damn electronic toy of worth of some US$3K.

anyhow my curent driver installed as NVIDIA Quadro 296.35 WHQL dated of Apr. 3, 2012 system info is below:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 04/27/2012 02:40:20
System name: ...............M65......................

[Display]
Operating System:                             Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version:                                 11.0
GPU processor:                                 Quadro FX 350M
Driver version:                                    296.35
DirectX support:                                 9.0c
Core clock:                                         450 MHz
Memory clock:                                    700 MHz (1400 MHz data rate)
Memory interface:                              64-bit
Total available graphics memory:   1663 MB
Dedicated video memory:                256 MB DDR2
System video memory:                     0 MB
Shared system memory:                  1407 MB
Video BIOS version:                         5.72.23.21.A1
IRQ:                                                    16
Bus:                                                    PCI Express x16

[Components]

nvui.dll  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdsync.exe  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll  4.3.900.0  NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe  4.3.900.0  NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA Video Server
nvDispSR.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA Display Server
NVCUDA.DLL  8.17.12.9635  NVIDIA CUDA 4.2.1 driver
nvGameSR.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll  6.14.12.9635  NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

rgds,

p.s. also pls take a look at my short message regarding M65 posted at z old thread.

p.p.s. as for Broadcom TPM so now i use it with Upek PS2011 in WBF mode http://support.authentec.com/Downloads/DownloadManager.aspx?EntryId=49

p.p.p.s i guess z latest like-official nVidia driver by MS for fx350m is available for download here:

Nvidia 259.47 Microsoft WHQL

DriverVer = 08/21/2010, 8.17.12.5947

Windows Vista / Windows 7 x86 (32-bit):
http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownlo...6c43d908c63.cab

Windows Vista / Windows 7 x64 (64-bit):
http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownlo...3acec9c13b7.cab

pls be advised that an installation of z above setup will create a new Updatus User profile in your Win7, which is ABSOLUTELY USELESS in our case of fx350m because we shouldn't expect any actual official driver update by nVidia...:emotion-9::emotion-39:

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 1st, 2012 13:00

LaidBackTokyo,

Thank you very much for this info. Especially background info on 350m.

When I get back to this, I will try upgrading to:

last official Nvidia 259.47 Microsoft WHQL and see if it works for me. I see you tried it and you got:

absolutely fuzzy & random complete freeze of Win7 w/o any BSOD or errors in log especially while long idle although i can't state here that z video driver was z  root of these problems...

... would be interesting to see if it works for me or not. After all, Quadro 350m is listed. With WHQL, they usually don't stop with a broken driver.

If that doesn't work, I will try:

Nvidia 259.47 Microsoft WHQL (with modified INF to support 350m)

So, you are liking 259.47 ... everything works? (desktop, apps, 3D gaming, DVD and Blu-Ray playback, sleep mode, etc.) 

July 1st, 2012 14:00

hahahahaha...

pls don't worry about v259.47 it will work all ok beyond z creation of trashy & idle Updatus User profile... you just didn't pay enough attention to z 2nd part of my comment. now i can confirm that my OS freezing was unlikely related to video driver...

BUT i personally prefer z later v296.35 because of a number of minor conveniences like no Updatus User etc... and all desktop, apps, etc work just fine.

sorry i don't play any games. absolutely. incl z Windows ones:emotion-1: - so i'm unable to report 2 u regarding this feature.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 1st, 2012 14:00

sorry i don't play any games. absolutely. incl z Windows ones:emotion-1: - so i'm unable to report 2 u regarding this feature.

Sure, no problem ... I would just like to know how it handles Direct-X ... how about a benchmark? Unigine Heaven would be perfect. Can you run that?

I would also like to see your final Windows Experience Scores.

July 2nd, 2012 02:00

well, well, well... frankly speaking i hardly understand all of this fuss around benchmarking of this trashy video card, which hardware supports only DirectX 9 + no CUDA, no etc, no etc, by some sophisticated tools. i'm just praying that it will live a bit longer, and i guess this as a maximum what we can get from this card...:emotion-4:

anyhow, especially 4 you. as my respect 2 z GAMER. i've downloaded & installed z basic version of Unigine 3.0 (btw why z hell they don't have a portable version?!!!!!!) N.B. my driver v296.36 is set to all default incl. profile - i.e. as installed.

1. DX11 test failed 2 load with error as attached file #1:

2. DX10 test failed 2 load with both native screen resolution 1920x1200 & lower one with errors as files #2 & #3:

3. DX9 full screen test benchmarking runs smoothly. A copy of score result attached:

4. Open GL mode test failed twice while being over the middle of execution time with the following error:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3007

that's all. pls prompt if u need more. sorry i'm absolutely unfamiliar with all of these GPU testing tools...

enjoy.:emotion-1:

p.s. my current Wn7 experience score is: CPU - 5.8, RAM - 5.8, Win Aero - 3.6, Gaming - 3.5, HDD - 5.9.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 2nd, 2012 12:00

Thanks.

I'll try to find something older and more suitable for this hardware ... maybe something from FutureMark.

Yes, it's just to measure DirectX and OpenGL performance between drivers. However, we may have to measure drivers on compatibility only.

17 Posts

October 26th, 2012 16:00

Hello

1. was it possible with DCCU v3.1 to change A10 BIOS settings from default EIDE to AHCI?

I use Crucial M4 128GB SSD about 14 months long without problems, but I'm curious now to test the hardware with NCQ feature :)  - that unfortunately unsupported only in AHCI-Modus.

Boot time between 33 and max. 40 … 45 seconds (on Vista two years ago with old HDD it went up to 6.30 minutes without prefetch services  – but the system was very littered).

2. I would try another new NVIDIA driver with modified .INF file but for 32-bit. Is there maby a solution? It is needed because If the movements are a bit faster in a simulation program, then they are problems viewing: strange tracks and shadows much like a mouse cursor, if the option is set to "Display pointer trails". More than two years I've tried different NVIDIA drivers compatibel with DELL M65, but without success. The simulation program has been updated several times as well. Exactly the same case was on Vista OS.

My system:

DELL Precision M65

Windows 32-bit (Ultimate)

2x 2GB RAM (two years additionally installed 1x 2GB SAMSUNG, but only with 667MHz. I have just learned that it is better with 800MHz like 2x 2GB Kingston 800MHz CL5)

Wireless NIQ: Intel Centrino Ultimate 6300 N (work very fine – 100% perfect – with Virtual WiFi miniport adapter for simply hosting own wireless network for other notebooks and mobile phone at home and on the way - in train)

Bye for now

November 23rd, 2012 10:00

Hello

1. was it possible with DCCU v3.1 to change A10 BIOS settings from default EIDE to AHCI?

I use Crucial M4 128GB SSD about 14 months long without problems, but I'm curious now to test the hardware with NCQ feature :)  - that unfortunately unsupported only in AHCI-Modus.

Boot time between 33 and max. 40 … 45 seconds (on Vista two years ago with old HDD it went up to 6.30 minutes without prefetch services  – but the system was very littered).

2. I would try another new NVIDIA driver with modified .INF file but for 32-bit. Is there maby a solution? It is needed because If the movements are a bit faster in a simulation program, then they are problems viewing: strange tracks and shadows much like a mouse cursor, if the option is set to "Display pointer trails". More than two years I've tried different NVIDIA drivers compatibel with DELL M65, but without success. The simulation program has been updated several times as well. Exactly the same case was on Vista OS.

My system:

DELL Precision M65

Windows 32-bit (Ultimate)

2x 2GB RAM (two years additionally installed 1x 2GB SAMSUNG, but only with 667MHz. I have just learned that it is better with 800MHz like 2x 2GB Kingston 800MHz CL5)

Wireless NIQ: Intel Centrino Ultimate 6300 N (work very fine – 100% perfect – with Virtual WiFi miniport adapter for simply hosting own wireless network for other notebooks and mobile phone at home and on the way - in train)

Bye for now

1. sorry. no. i failed 2 find z good way 2 set AHCI mode, although i studied z matter in very very details and was discussing this with z very smart guys. nobody succeed. yet. and at least DCCU isn't applicable 4 this purpose.

p.s. sorry no links. i don't remember. pls google by yourself. however in my case z main reason 2 stop this research were a lot of z very smart arguments of z likely very smart guys that u shouldn't expect much better performance with AHCI against IDE. at least in this configuration. so i've replaced HDD to new fast SATA 2 + 16MB buffer one and now i fortunately have z surely nice data transfer rate of some 80~90MB/s IDE.

2. what seems 2 be a problem. every nVidia driver can be modded 2 use with this trashy fx350m. but it's better 2 mod driver packages with fx360m supported. pls say clearly what do u need from this mod.

ur system:

a) yep. i suppose as a bit better 2 use RAM with 1 step higher frequency than FSB in case of RAM upgarde. but even in this case u get z very small advantage and just in timings of RAM because any new RAM will be naturally operated at FSB frequency.

b) hahahahahaha. how did u manage to sit intel 6300 as half-size card to M65 when z native antennas r very well adjusted 4 a full-size card. i gave up, and now yet stick 2 intel 5350 N with WiMAX/Yota integarted.

rgds,

p.s. it's a fun. i occasionally found that z LAN Broadcom controller aka BCM5752 of M65 looks 2 support z 1Gbps speed. at least with z latest driver v15.4.0.17 installed.

17 Posts

November 24th, 2012 02:00

hello laidbacktokyo,

thanks for the reply.

> 2. what seems 2 be a problem. every nVidia driver can be modded 2 use with this trashy fx350m. but it's better 2 mod driver packages with fx360m supported. pls say clearly what do u need from this mod.

If I can upload a video, then you will see what I mean with my current nVIDA driver. I use a simulator program and the moved object (that is the cutter tool for CNC machine in CAM simulator) is indeed moved, but his image will disappear after a second lateness before his previous position, so it is a snake with several identical objects forming a row. Very unpleasant.

Should I just modify the INF-file of newest driver for FX360M, and how to do it exactly?

> b) hahahahahaha. how did u manage to sit intel 6300 as half-size card to M65 when z native antennas r very well adjusted 4 a full-size card.

Not too heavy: open the display case. One from two antennas is the WiFi antenna (WLAN). Extend the antenna wire with ~2cm simple wire. Slide the antenna wire with the extended 2 cm on its route toward the adapter. Insert the plug into the socket.

Of course you don’t need the 4$ expended metal sheet adapter to fasten: simple clamp/fix the small half Intel@ WiFi adapter across with toothpicks ;-)

Start the PC and enjoy.

November 24th, 2012 06:00

hello laidbacktokyo,

thanks for the reply.

> 2. what seems 2 be a problem. every nVidia driver can be modded 2 use with this trashy fx350m. but it's better 2 mod driver packages with fx360m supported. pls say clearly what do u need from this mod.

If I can upload a video, then you will see what I mean with my current nVIDA driver. I use a simulator program and the moved object (that is the cutter tool for CNC machine in CAM simulator) is indeed moved, but his image will disappear after a second lateness before his previous position, so it is a snake with several identical objects forming a row. Very unpleasant.

Should I just modify the INF-file of newest driver for FX360M, and how to do it exactly?

> b) hahahahahaha. how did u manage to sit intel 6300 as half-size card to M65 when z native antennas r very well adjusted 4 a full-size card.

Not too heavy: open the display case. One from two antennas is the WiFi antenna (WLAN). Extend the antenna wire with ~2cm simple wire. Slide the antenna wire with the extended 2 cm on its route toward the adapter. Insert the plug into the socket.

Of course you don’t need the 4$ expended metal sheet adapter to fasten: simple clamp/fix the small half Intel@ WiFi adapter across with toothpicks ;-)

Start the PC and enjoy.

howdy ZZZ08,

well, ok.

1. driver modding 4 fx350m:

first, i guess it's only u who can make a right conclusion if z installed driver, either it's modded or not, is good enough 4 ur purpose, so ur choice looks just limited by test & error way, uh?

actually u have two options:

1st - if lazy, pls go to http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/123-nvidia-video-drivers-and-tools/ , read carefully what mod is z most suitable 4 u and install. that guy mobilenvidia from NZ is kindly modding nVidia official drivers 4 a public on a regular basis.

btw i guess z latest modded driver here http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29930-v31061-windows-8-32bit-nvidia-mobile-oem/ looks ok 4 u when u use Win7x86. and in this case u can use some inf file modded by mobilenvidia OR 2 mod file nvdm.inf of z original nVidia driver package by yourself something like z sample below.

anyhow when u r choosing z driver package 2 use u'd likely need z original driver package, which is designed 4 Quadro notebooks. thus pls refer 2 nVidia web. for instance z latest official non-beta release is OK. it's 4 Quadro.  http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-307.45-whql-driver.html

2nd - just my case, when i'm very lazy and neither much interested in driver updates 4 this trashy video card nor playing any computer games at all, and therefore yet using v296.35, so:

a) here is z link 2 that particular mod by mobilenvidia: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29351-v29635-windows-7vista-64bit-nvidia-oem-mobile-quadro/

pls make a note that he has modded nvts.inf in that case, also pls refer 2 this file attached as .txt.

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/0211.nvts_2800_ModdedByMobileNvidiaForMoreModels_2900_.txt

OR (!) > b) pls check nvdm.inf file as made by me based on fx350m hw id PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01DC&SUBSYS_01C81028 and actually used during my driver install. so u c that i've modded z different inf file than mobilenvidia. it's simple. he's doing a kind 2 all people with all possible cards. in my case z mod was done only 4 fx350m based on its closest analogue fx360m. my file aslo attached as .txt. pls scroll down & see changes maybe :emotion-5: marked by empty lines before and after each inserted line.

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3518/3252.nvdm_2800_OriginalFileModdedByMeForFX350M_2900_.txt

p.s. when u r finally installing a driver pls exclude all that collateral trash included - like 3d, autoupdate etc. i guess u need driver itself + nvidia control panel (nView). and unlikely but maybe > PhysX. all other driver package components r useless with fx350m. 

2. wifi card.

thanx. sorry i'm too lazy 4 extending antennas' wires & toothpick tricks. also 5350 gives me same 450Mbps 3x3MIMO N wifi 5GHz and maybe same in 2.4GHz but plus wimax option. though i guess 6300 might be better simply by its date of birth.

rgds,

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

November 29th, 2012 12:00

Good work on the modded drivers.

As described (way above), I'm still running this one:

Windows 7
Windows 8 Release Preview (6-2012)
Windows 8 (Final RTM)

This driver seems to be rock-solid for me.

I never got around to trying the other official driver you mentioned:

Nvidia 259.47 Microsoft WHQL - DriverVer = 08/21/2010, 8.17.12.5947

... mainly because of "Updated User Profile" problem and possible system instability you were experiencing. 

November 29th, 2012 12:00

UPDATE:

driver modding 4 fx350m:

just 2 make sure 4 z public that z above modding technique works with later versions of nvidia drivers i've updated my video card driver 2 v307.45 in absolutely same way as described earlier by editing nvdm.inf file.

z genuine driver package as .exe was downloaded from nvidia.com > unzipped 2 any suitable folder > inf file modded > z driver package installed in customs mode = driver itself, nView, WMI (it's z new feature!) installed, 3D = excluded when fx350m naturally doesn't support any 3D. thus, this time genuine driver package includes neither autoupdate feature nor PhysX software.

enjoy,

p.s. sorry i don't see any difference comparing 2 v296.35. everything works same fine but no visible improvements:emotion-4:

p.p.s pls find my current video card info as below:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 11/27/2012 01:45:55
System name: ................................M65...........................................

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor:  Quadro FX 350M
Driver version:  307.45
DirectX support: 9.0c
Core clock:  450 MHz
Memory data rate: 1400 MHz
Memory interface: 64-bit
Total available graphics memory: 1663 MB
Dedicated video memory: 256 MB DDR2
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1407 MB
Video BIOS version: 5.72.23.21.A1
IRQ:   16
Bus:   PCI Express x16

[Components]

nvui.dll  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdsync.exe  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll  4.8.760.0  NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe  4.8.760.0  NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA Video Server
nvDispSR.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA Display Server
NVCUDA.DLL  8.17.13.0745  NVIDIA CUDA 5.0.1 driver
nvGameSR.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll  6.14.13.0745  NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

December 1st, 2012 06:00

Good work on the modded drivers.

As described (way above), I'm still running this one:

Windows 7
Windows 8 Release Preview (6-2012)
Windows 8 (Final RTM)

This driver seems to be rock-solid for me.

I never got around to trying the other official driver you mentioned:

Nvidia 259.47 Microsoft WHQL - DriverVer = 08/21/2010, 8.17.12.5947

... mainly because of "Updated User Profile" problem and possible system instability you were experiencing. 

howdy Tesla1856,

1. well... it's always ur choice 2 install z newer driver or no, right? though i guess it's always better 2 have a choice when now u know how-2-do modding if need, don't u?

2. i personally was ok with that old version 2009, which u yet use now, but as it was mentioned by me somewhere in our earlier intercoms z Corel WinDVD Pro 2011 app doesn't work with that driver 4 some unclear reason. z driver was simply crashing each time when this app started;

3. pls forget about any OS instability with 2010 driver version, which u don't need 2 mod 4 install. as it was again re-confirmed by me somewhere earlier, my Win7 freezing wasn't related 2 video driver in anyway!!!

although z Updatus User profile is absolutely trashy, so maybe nvidia guys slowly got this idea and as u could see in my driver modding report above now z autoupdate feature is excluded from z genuine nvidia driver package along with PhysX.

c ya then,:emotion-1:

No Events found!