Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2015 18:00

7347 (A03): No wake-on-keyboard?

7347 (A03). Win64 8.1 or 10 same issue. After suspend (sleep), can only wake-on-powerbutton. Known?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 15th, 2015 02:00

Hi RioDio

You will have to change the power management settings of the keyboard and mouse so that it wakes up your computer from sleep. Please follow the steps mentioned below to enable a feature "Allow this device to wake the computer"

1.    Open the charms bar by moving the mouse to right top corner of the screen and inthe search box, Start typing devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

2.     When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’ in the device manager.

3.    Click on the arrow mark beside ‘keyboards’ and ‘Mice and other pointing device’.

4.    Right click on the keyboard and mouse installed on your computer.

5.    There you should find the ‘Power management’. Where you will be able to setup "Allow this device to wake the computer"

6.    Click on ‘Ok’ and restart the computer to check for the issue.

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

March 22nd, 2015 22:00

?? Devmgmt.msc (Device Manager) is for device and driver support. The component context (right-click) menus do not present a "Power Management" feature. "Keyboards" is one component section and "Mice and other pointing devices" is another separate component section.  

I'm sorry to ask this - but have you actually opened and used Windows Device Manager or are you reading this off a script?  

I still don't have any solution to this seemingly common problem. Would you please advise correct solution or escalate the matter.  

Please advise. 

Thank you.

December 2nd, 2015 10:00

I also have a 7347 with this same problem and the script you have provided doesn't work, there are no such settings as "power management" under the keyboard or mouse devices in the device manager.

It doesn't work.

No Events found!