Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2009 11:00

8 in 1 media card slot usage

Has anyone tried to use different media card on the laptop?  I have the XPS Studio laptop, and with the 8 in 1 media card reader built in.  I used it for SD card, and it worked.  How about the other format?  its size is smaller than the other.  I tried to push it in the slot, and it doesn't sit and was afraid it will get stuck.  Help!!

1 Message

May 24th, 2009 08:00

I put a Memory Stick Pro Duo in my Inspirion 1545's Media Card Reader. It was promptly swallowed up inside the slot. Finally, I had to fish it out with a pencil. I see no way for this reader to work with a Memory Stick Pro - even though it says it accepts them. The slot is simply too big and too deep. Is there something I am missing? Is there a plastic carrier that the Memory Stick should be placed in prior to inserting in the slot?

3 Posts

July 21st, 2009 16:00

Last time I put a reply in this post and it was deleated cause I use derogatory lenguaje about Dell knoledge 

Mr Tos12 can you please send us where the correct aswer is cause looks like no one knows how to insert a MS/Pro memory in the 8 in one card reader

Welcome to Dell Knoledge "where no one knows"

3 Posts

August 14th, 2009 17:00

Ok this is what a guy from dell told me 

there is two different MS PRO memory cards 

one that is like this 

this does not work it's to short and that does not work with dell

the other 

this one it's the one that work  

The other it's MS Pro Duo

and it's not suported by Dell card reader 

222 Posts

August 17th, 2009 09:00

Thanks for the info and pictures. I too had this issue come up and was wondering about this as well. I too had to fish out the MS Pro stick from my reader with tweezers.

Thanks again for sharing the info.

3 Posts

August 24th, 2010 20:00

I just bought STUDIO 1558 and I can insert MS PRO DUO, which is bigger one, BUT here I found out other problem.

When I insert this memory, the slot does NOT latch this memory but push it out.

So, once I insert it and hold with my hand, I can see my computer is detect it but, after I release my hand, it pops out and my computer can not read it.

IS THIS NORMAL ?

Thanks,

No Events found!