Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2013 15:00

AMD Radeon HD 7730M Not really working. I've seen this problem discussed a lot but I haven't found a solution.

I'm running a x64 bit windows 7 Ultimate (I have recently reinstalled windows but it didn't work before either). And well my laptop isn't using the AMD Radeon HD 7730M driver it just goes with the intell 4000 driver. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, updating them, I tried AMD Catalyst 13.2 Beta4 and well nothing works. And when I updated the AMD driver it just couldn't run anything the aero theme was working but I couldn't run any games or videos.
I know my english is not that good but I'll do my best to explain what you need if I get any help.

1.5K Posts

October 29th, 2013 05:00

Hi Gubamaharama,

I am replying on behalf of Dell Amogh G.

Notebook computers with a switchable graphics feature have two graphics processing units (GPUs) - a power-saving, integrated GPU and a high-performance, discrete GPU. Computers with an Intel power-saving GPU and an AMD high-performance GPU combine the low power advantages of an integrated GPU with the maximum performance of a discrete GPU.

By default, a computer with switchable graphics uses the integrated, or power-saving, GPU for most applications. The computer will automatically switch to the discrete, or high-performance, GPU when an application requires more performance. You can configure which applications require the high-performance GPU by selecting the application in the Catalyst Control Center software. When an application is configured to use the high-performance GPU, the computer switches graphics solutions when the application is started or closed.

You may refer to the video below on how to configure AMD Radeon Switchable Graphics:

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

1.5K Posts

October 24th, 2013 01:00

Hi Gubamaharama,

Please share the exact system model. Also paste the screenshot of ‘Device Manager’ with ‘Display Adapters’ expended. You may follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Display Adapters’.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 24th, 2013 02:00

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dkaljr&s=5 This is the link to Device manager display adapters. And the model Dell Notebook Inspirion 15R SE-7520.

1.5K Posts

October 25th, 2013 00:00

Hi Gubamaharama,

Thank you for the information. I would suggest you to completely uninstall and reinstall both the graphics drivers. Please follow the steps below:

•  Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Display Adapters’.
  • Right click the entry listed under ‘Display Adapters’ and click ‘uninstall’.

However, you need to follow the correct order (reinstall Intel drivers first followed by AMD drivers) as the system is working on ‘Switchable Graphics Technology’. You may refer to the links:

You may update the system BIOS from the link: http://dell.to/1a3XS1h.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further questions.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 25th, 2013 09:00

I did as you wrote but that actually caused a lot of problems. So the installations went fine with no errors. as I restarted my computer the last time I couldn't run any games, then the catalyst crashed tried to run it and all it did was crashed again and again, I couldn't run firefox or explorer, now I disabled the AMD Radeon HD 7730M driver just to start firefox.

1.5K Posts

October 25th, 2013 23:00

Hi Gubamaharama,

I would suggest you to run the hardware diagnostics on the system to check for hardware functionality. You may refer to the link: http://dell.to/GAxNcY .

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 26th, 2013 06:00

I ran the extended diagnostics and had no errors.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 29th, 2013 09:00

But I couldn't run catalyst. It just crashed when I tried to run it.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 29th, 2013 10:00

I got the catalyst to work, thanks for your time and effort

1.5K Posts

October 30th, 2013 00:00

Hi Gubamaharama,

I am glad to know that the issue is resolved for you. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

No Events found!