Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2009 09:00

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 Driver for Windows 7

Hello all,

I own an Inspiron 9200 which uses the ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics card.  Am looking to upgrade my OS to Windows 7 but the advisor says a new driver is needed in order for the above graph card to function properly.  Does anyone know where to find the latest driver or this?  I appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Best

Richard :emotion-2:

1 Message

October 25th, 2009 14:00

This link is to the ATI website for your model video card. Radeon 9700, Windows 7 and Vista 32bit .Maybe it will help you out.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.23&lang=English

3 Posts

October 26th, 2009 05:00

Thanks Apollo.  I actually was able to install Windows 7 without encountering any problems with the ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 driver.  I was upgrading from Windows XP so I did a clean install.  What I also did was connect my laptop to the internet via an Ethernet wire (rather than wireless).  Not sure what happened, but Windows 7 was able to find a suitable driver.  So as of right now everything looks great and my resolution is at 1440x960.

The only other issue is the ALPS Pointing device which is responding but not as it used to.  For example, I can glide the mouse to wherever I want and double tap to "enter", but the scroll functions (vertical and horizontal) are not working.

Best

Rich

No Events found!