Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 12th, 2011 08:00

Advanced Audio FX Engine

Hello! I accidentally uninstalled Advanced Audio FX Engine on my alienware m14x. And I think that is the reason why its subwoofer won't work. I've tried performing a system restore but there is no effect at all. I just want to know if where i can download that app. Thanks in advance.

January 20th, 2014 21:00

i have the same problem. my jbl speakers are useless now. i tried to log in dell downloads centre, but i dont know why, i can't to that.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 21st, 2014 05:00

i tried to log in dell downloads centre

Hello. Go to the downloads page for your model of laptop and get the audio driver and see if that helps. If you have an Alienware model you can start here and follow the links. When you get on your model's page be sure to select your operating system in the drop down box. The audio driver is in the Audio category.

January 21st, 2014 09:00

i need the Advanced Audio FX Engine..... i can't log in the dell downloads centre, to download it.... dunno why.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 22nd, 2014 04:00

I'm not sure what Dell Downloads Centre is. If you mean "My Dell Downloads", that is a locker for the optional software you bought with your computer. The free software is on the "Drivers & Downloads" page for your model.

If you think that you bought some software and it is in your My Dell Downloads but you are unable to access it, you should contact Dell for help with that issue.

To the best of my knowledge Audio FX Engine is not a stand-alone product that you would have purchased separately. It is a Creative Labs product that would have been part of a driver I believe. I had thought it was part of the audio driver (some Alienware models have Creative sound cards), but I have looked into it further and now believe it was either in the webcam software or the Creative software named "Creative Soundblaster X-Fi MB" or "Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Audio". If you bought that Creative software it might be in your My Dell Downloads.

No Events found!