skiphello
1 Copper

Airplane mode button not working. Any help, please? First time dell user.

Hi, 

I am have recently bought a dell inspiron 15 7000 series laptop. Its only been a month that I have been using it. Everything was fine but my airplane mode button (the button beside F12 and PrtScr which are working fine) stopped working. Any help? Every other buttons on the button row is fully functional so I fear its not a keyboard matrix problem?  

Please help me. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

RE: Airplane mode button not working. Any help, please? First time dell user.

Hi skiphello,

I would suggest you to reinstall the wireless card and Quickset driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS and then download the wireless card driver from Network section and then download the Dell Quickset application from Application section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
skiphello
1 Copper

okay which wireless card drive from network section should I should choose? There is 3 for windows 8.1 1) Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260 AGN/AC/BGN Driver 2)Intel Centrino Wireless-N 7260 Bluetooth Adapter Driver 3)Realtek RTL8411B-US Ethernet Controller Driver      which one?                                                   

0 Kudos

Hi skiphello,

The first link is is a wireless card driver. Second link is bluetooth driver for the wireless card and third link is ethernet card driver. Please use the first and second link to reinstall the drivers.

0 Kudos
skiphello
1 Copper

Thank you! Another question, I was wondering  what type of Sytlus works with dell Inspirion 15 7000 series touchscreen?

0 Kudos

Hi skiphello,

There is no Stylus available for Dell Inspiron 15 7000 model. It comes with a optional touch screen.

0 Kudos
skiphello
1 Copper

Wait my laptop is touch screen but you are trying to say that it does not have any stylus support? It only has finger print support?

0 Kudos
zeeshan816
1 Copper

hello sir

i am also having same problem with same dell 7537 model 

i update both drivers Bluetooth and wireless but still airplane button is not working since i have update my window to 8.1

is there any other method i should do ??

0 Kudos
ggrhonda
1 Copper

Hi,

I assume you tried using the airplane mode toggle on your connection options? I had the reverse problem in that I couldn't get the connection option toggle to work. It seems that you have to turn airplane mode off whichever way you turn it on, ie either using the keyboard or the connection option toggle switch.  Hope this works for you.

Geri

0 Kudos
Dineshk
1 Copper

Hi,

Yesterday i purchased vostro 14 3446 with Ubuntu and install win 8.1 everything working fine but my laptop in airplane mode and wifi not working. I call Dell support 2 time and 2nd call above 1 hr but no solution found  till now. I already installed all drivers but airplane mode not off till now.

Plz help me ASAP.

Regards,

Dinesh Kaushik

0 Kudos